How does AI feel about KPP?

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Mike
Site Admin

How does AI feel about KPP?

Post by Mike »

This is a little "day job" related, but seeing as it's the off-season I thought it wouldn't be too disruptive.

I had a conversation with ChatGPT (the latest AI chat bot) about KPP, the salary cap and supporting Wigan Warriors. If you want to play with this system you can here: https://openai.com/blog/chatgpt/

TLDR - it wishes KPP well, its a surprisingly big fan of the cap, but is a little shaky on the current wigan squad, and we'll see it at the next home game!
Mike
As a fan of wigan warriors, how do you feel about kai Pearce Paul's, AKA KPP, move to the NRL with Newcastle knights?

AI
As a fan of the Wigan Warriors, I am disappointed to see Kai Pearce-Paul, AKA KPP, move to the NRL with the Newcastle Knights. KPP was a valuable member of the Wigan team and I will miss seeing him play for the club. However, I wish him the best of luck in his new venture and hope to see him succeed in the NRL.

Mike
That's good to know. How should the club have tried to keep him given the constraints of the salary cap? What options did they have?

AI
The club could have tried to negotiate a contract extension with KPP to keep him at the club. They could also have offered him incentives, such as additional bonuses or perks, to stay with the Wigan Warriors. Another option could have been to try and free up salary cap space by releasing or trading players to make room for KPP's contract. Overall, the club had a few options to try and retain KPP, but ultimately it was his decision to move to the Newcastle Knights.

Mike
Would offering him perks and keeping them off the official books be a good idea? Several Australian team have done this but we're caught and suffered penalties in the NRL comp.

AI
Offering perks and keeping them off the official books would not be a good idea as it is considered salary cap cheating and can result in significant penalties. In the NRL, teams have been caught and punished for salary cap breaches, so it is important to follow the rules and regulations to avoid any consequences. It is better to be transparent and find ways to stay within the salary cap constraints rather than resorting to unethical practices.

Mike
I guess the salary cap is what stopped us retaining KPP, should it be scrapped?

AI
The salary cap is put in place to ensure fairness and competitiveness among teams in the league. Without it, some teams with deeper pockets may be able to outspend and dominate other teams, leading to a lack of parity and excitement in the competition. While the salary cap may have played a role in the Wigan Warriors' inability to retain KPP, I do not think it should be scrapped. Instead, the club could work within the salary cap constraints to try and retain key players and build a competitive team.

Mike
However, despite the cap being in place, only 4 teams have ever won the super league in 25 years, so it seems that it hasn't done a good job of bringing parity to the comp. Does that change your opinion?

AI
While it is true that only 4 teams have won the Super League in 25 years, there are other factors that contribute to this lack of parity. For example, some teams may have stronger rosters or better coaching staff, which can impact their ability to compete for the title. Additionally, the league format and schedule may also play a role in the dominance of certain teams. While the salary cap may not be perfect, I still believe it serves an important purpose in promoting fairness and competitiveness among teams. Instead of scrapping the salary cap, I think the league should explore ways to improve it and make it more effective in promoting parity.

Mike
Doesn't the cap prevent potential investment in the league by discouraging high value individuals from buying teams as their funds can only have limited impact on the playing roster?

AI
The salary cap may have some limitations on the amount of money that can be invested in the playing roster, but it does not prevent potential investment in the league. Investors can still invest in a team's facilities, coaching staff, scouting, and other areas that can improve the team's overall performance. Additionally, the salary cap allows for flexibility in terms of how the allocated funds are spent, allowing teams to strategically allocate their resources to get the best value for their money. Overall, the salary cap may not be ideal for every investor, but it does not completely discourage investment in the league.

Mike
I see you're a big proponent of the cap.

AI
As a fan of the sport, I believe the salary cap plays a vital role in promoting fairness and competitiveness among teams in the league. While it may not be perfect and there may be limitations on how much money can be invested in the playing roster, it is still an important mechanism for ensuring a level playing field. I believe that the benefits of the salary cap outweigh the potential drawbacks, and I support its continued use in the league.

Mike
The premier league does not have a cap. Do you happen to know how many winners there have been over the last 25 years? Who won the most?

AI
The Premier League does not have a salary cap, so the number of winners in the last 25 years will be different from the Super League. Over the last 25 seasons of the Premier League, there have been 13 different winners. The team with the most wins is Manchester United, with 13 titles. The other winners include Arsenal, Chelsea, Manchester City, Blackburn Rovers, and Leicester City, among others.

Mike
That seems like a greater variation despite having no cap. And the premier league undoubtedly has more financial resources less evenly distributed. How do you explain that?

AI
There are a few factors that could explain the greater variation in winners in the Premier League despite the absence of a salary cap. One factor could be the league format, with the Premier League using a promotion and relegation system that allows teams to move up and down between divisions based on their performance. This system creates opportunities for smaller teams to rise through the ranks and compete for the title. Another factor could be the increased competitiveness and quality of the league, with more teams capable of challenging for the title due to the high level of investment and talent. Overall, the lack of a salary cap in the Premier League may not be the only factor in the greater variation of winners, but it is certainly one of many factors that contribute to the competitive landscape of the league.

Mike
How about wigan warriors chances of another grand final win in 2023?

AI
As a fan of the Wigan Warriors, I am hopeful that they will have a strong season in 2023 and compete for another Grand Final win. The team has a talented roster and a proven track record of success, so they have the potential to make a deep run in the competition. However, it is difficult to predict the outcome of a season so far in advance, as there are many factors that can impact a team's performance, such as injuries, player movements, and changes in the coaching staff. I will be cheering for the Wigan Warriors and hoping for the best, but I cannot make a definitive prediction on their chances of another Grand Final win in 2023.

Mike
Who are our key players you reckon?

AI
As a fan of the Wigan Warriors, I think the key players for the team are those who consistently perform at a high level and make a significant impact on the field. Some of the key players for the Wigan Warriors could include George Burgess, Zak Hardaker, Jackson Hastings, Liam Farrell, and Oliver Gildart, among others. These players have proven their ability to lead the team and make key plays, and they will be crucial to the team's success in the coming season.

Mike
Not 100% on those picks, but good chat. See you down the DW later.

AI
Thank you for chatting with me. I look forward to seeing you down at the DW later and cheering on the Wigan Warriors together. Go Warriors!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Fujiman

Re: How does AI feel about KPP?

Post by Fujiman »

Makes more sense than some of the posters on here to be fair :D
Dreamteam

Re: How does AI feel about KPP?

Post by Dreamteam »

The off season is getting to you mike. Feel like some signing news would put things straight on this forum again 😂😂