Salford Stadium

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Salford Stadium

Post by josie andrews »

Council reveals reason for rejection of joint-bid buyout of Salford Red Devils’ stadium by Sale Sharks & Salford City FC

https://www.totalrl.com/council-reveals ... d-city-fc/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Re: Forum Rules

Post by josie andrews »

Nasty nasty tactics by Sale & the football club, which if it had gone through would have left the rugby league club with no home! 😠
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
fozzieskem

Re: Salford Stadium

Post by fozzieskem »

Good news for Salford,given the Union is all but bankrupt they'd a bit of a cheek trying to muscle them out
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

“We have always maintained that taking control of the stadium is integral to the long-term future of Sale Sharks and that remains the case. But equally, we were clear that we wouldn’t proceed with any course of action until Salford Red Devils have secured a place to play.

I don't see an issue
archiekeith

Post by archiekeith »

Disparagingly arrogant BP
archiekeith

Post by archiekeith »

Blackpool_Pie wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 2:03 pm “We have always maintained that taking control of the stadium is integral to the long-term future of Sale Sharks and that remains the case. But equally, we were clear that we wouldn’t proceed with any course of action until Salford Red Devils have secured a place to play.

I don't see an issue
There is for Sale😀It's Sold
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Has anyone told Salford Council that Sale are in a different borough? As for Neville, I wouldn’t give him the time of the day.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 1:27 pm Has anyone told Salford Council that Sale are in a different borough? As for Neville, I wouldn’t give him the time of the day.
Why he seems pretty reasonable. Didn't he offer Salford the current stadium his club has?
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

Caboosegg wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 1:44 pm
Charriots Offiah wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 1:27 pm Has anyone told Salford Council that Sale are in a different borough? As for Neville, I wouldn’t give him the time of the day.
Why he seems pretty reasonable. Didn't he offer Salford the current stadium his club has?
Yes he did
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Caboosegg wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 1:44 pm
So Salford are supposed to tug their forelock’s and be grearfull then?

What I’ve read the football ground isn’t fit for purpose but of course that’ll do rugby league then will it?

Not in my book it’s got a spiteful wind chill the AJ bell but I’m glad their staying there.