St Helens star keen on NRL switch as he appoints a new agent to inquire about a move down under

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

St Helens star keen on NRL switch as he appoints a new agent to inquire about a move down under

Post by josie andrews »

St Helens star Joe Batchelor signed a new three-year contract at the Saints whilst on World Cup duty with England.

The 27-year-old second-rower, who joined the club initially on a three-year contract from York City Knights back in 2019, signed a deal to stay at the Totally Wicked Stadium into the 2025 season.

After a slow start to his career at Saints, Batchelor has been a revelation. His breakout year was 2021 under Kristian Woolf, making 22 appearances and scoring three tries, as the club tasted a third Grand Final success in a row, beating Catalans at Old Trafford.

In season 2022, he was handed the number 12 shirt by Woolf as he went on to make another 29 appearances and had his best try-scoring season to date, scoring 12 times in a lethal edge partnership with Jonny Lomax.

An England debut followed back in June against the Combined Nations All-Stars and he was recently named in Shaun Wane’s England Rugby League World Cup squad.

Batchelor told the offical St Helens website at the time: “I’m absolutely delighted to be staying I couldn’t think of anywhere else I’d rather be playing my rugby so to stay for another three years was an absolute no brainer and I’m absolutely delighted.”

However, he may not stay at St Helens till 2025 and the expiry of his current deal.

According to the notorious Mole of Wide World of Sports, Batchelor is keen on a move to the NRL and has even appointed an Australian agent to look into the possibility.

The Mole has even suggested that he could get out of his deal with the Saints to pursue this move.

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/reports- ... der-65406/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan