Huddersfield Giants smash though impressive season ticket total ahead of 2023 Super League campaign

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
ian.birchall

Re: Huddersfield Giants smash though impressive season ticket total ahead of 2023 Super League campaign

Post by ian.birchall »

josie andrews wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 7:34 pm
Dreamteam wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 6:10 pm
josie andrews wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 5:22 pm 3,500, I hope we are well over that figure!
How many did we have last year ? Every game was at least 10.5 k despite some games there not being that due to season ticket holders not attending ect.
I don’t know but I’ve been told some haven’t renewed this year because mainly, I would hope anyway, because of the the cost of living crisis we are all experiencing.

Just an example; Today I went for a few bits from Asda.

As I was at the cheese aisle picking some Laughing Cow triangle cheese. There was an Asda assistant who came to where I was just putting the cheese in my trolley.I joked with her & said I hope you aren’t changing the price 😂 The price was £2.50.

Bloody hell, when I checked my scan gun it showed £2.95! It had gone up 45p in a few minutes! I said sod that put the cheese back on the shelf & deleted it from my scan gun!

How bad is that?
Josie, you should have asked to see the shop manager and told him that you were going to report the store to Wigan Council trading standard officers. When an item is on general display the price cannot be changed. Back room stock not already priced can be upped but not display stock.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
Mike
Site Admin

Re: Huddersfield Giants smash though impressive season ticket total ahead of 2023 Super League campaign

Post by Mike »

ian.birchall wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 2:57 pm
Dreamteam wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 6:10 pm

How many did we have last year ? Every game was at least 10.5 k despite some games there not being that due to season ticket holders not attending ect.
I don’t know but I’ve been told some haven’t renewed this year because mainly, I would hope anyway, because of the the cost of living crisis we are all experiencing.

As I was at the cheese aisle picking some Laughing Cow triangle cheese. There was an Asda assistant who came to where I was just putting the cheese in my trolley.I joked with her & said I hope you aren’t changing the price 😂 The price was £2.50.

Bloody hell, when I checked my scan gun it showed £2.95! It had gone up 45p in a few minutes! I said sod that put the cheese back on the shelf & deleted it from my scan gun!

How bad is that?
Josie, you should have asked to see the shop manager and told him that you were going to report the store to Wigan Council trading standard officers. When an item is on general display the price cannot be changed. Back room stock not already priced can be upped but not display stock.
So they can't come round and change the shelf label? That's weird. Do they have to remove the stock, change the price then put it back?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

Mike wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 4:25 pm
ian.birchall wrote: Tue Jan 10, 2023 2:57 pm

How bad is that?
So they can't come round and change the shelf label? That's weird. Do they have to remove the stock, change the price then put it back?
You can definitely change the label but if she would have complained at self checkout to someone about the price changing they would have given it her at the price it initially was. Happens all the time with people buying something and the label is next to the wrong item. If an item is 3.50 and the wrong label is next to it saying it’s 4.00 if someone was to go and buy that and notice it wasn’t 3.50 then they’d have to give it to the customer at 3.50
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

We went to our local asda today the prices have skyrocketed for sure the biggest issue though is seems asda terrible marking of prices on the shelf it's a bloody lottery to see what you'll be charged at the till,or the easier way is of course to use another supermarket,which given the prices is the way ahead.