Leeds Rhinos' Gary Hetherington throws support behind Nigel Wood's Bradford Bulls management

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
DaveO

Re: Leeds Rhinos' Gary Hetherington throws support behind Nigel Wood's Bradford Bulls management

Post by DaveO »

morley pie eater wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:24 pm I don't remember the full details, but wasn't the settlement in the acrimonious legal case between Leeds and Bradford over Iestyn Harris one of the reasons for Bradford going bust? And wasn't Uncle Gary in charge at Leeds at the time?

If so, the noises from GH may be a sign that they've kissed and made up, or that he's realised that Leeds have lost more from their derby games than they gained from going to court?
Yes it was one of the reasons. If I recall correctly the sums involved weren’t massive at about £60k but by then they were obviously already on dodgy financial ground. I can’t remember if Chris Caisley had left the club by then or not but he was the one who presided over their successful period but the club wasn’t in a good financial state despite the success.

It’s certainly ironic given the Leeds issue was the straw that broke the Bull’s back for GH to be going on like this. The day GH no longer has any involvement with RL will be a great day for the sport.