Latics another new boss!

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Latics another new boss!

Post by josie andrews »

Shaun Maloney: Ex-Wigan Athletic midfielder set to replace Kolo Toure as Latics boss

Former Wigan Athletic midfielder Shaun Maloney is set to return to the Championship club to replace the sacked Kolo Toure as manager.

Maloney was part of the Latics side that beat Manchester City in the 2013 FA Cup final.

The 40-year-old made 91 appearances in four years before leaving for Major League Soccer.

He had a spell in charge of Scottish Premiership club Hibernian but was sacked after four months in charge.

However, Wigan have been given a glowing reference from former Latics manager Roberto Martinez, who had former Scotland international Maloney in his backroom team with Belgium.

It is hoped the club will be active over the remainder of the transfer window as they attempt to haul themselves off the bottom of the Championship.

Toure was sacked on Thursday after failing to register a single victory in his nine games in charge.

Wigan have taken just nine points from their past league 18 games and are four points adrift of safety.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/64431264
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
endoman

Re: Latics another new boss!

Post by endoman »

Why on earth is that under the Rugby League section of the BBC site? Or does someone at the beeb associate Wigan immediately with Rugby?
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

endoman wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:07 pm Why on earth is that under the Rugby League section of the BBC site? Or does someone at the beeb associate Wigan immediately with Rugby?
If they do, it says a lot about which sport people associate the town with :D

CheshireWarrior

Post by CheshireWarrior »

I hope they finish 22nd and get relegated final day of the season on goal difference....would laugh my plums off 🍒!

Wouldn't end well for the Springfield Stand though....would end up being pelted by the ruffians!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

CheshireWarrior wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 8:40 am I hope they finish 22nd and get relegated final day of the season on goal difference....would laugh my plums off 🍒!

Wouldn't end well for the Springfield Stand though....would end up being pelted by the ruffians!
Those are cherries as in Cherry’n’White 🍒⚪️😉
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan