Possibly the best prop to play for Wigan

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
CheshireWarrior

Re: Possibly the best prop to play for Wigan

Post by CheshireWarrior »

Paul Prescott and Andy Coley......unsung work horses!
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Triggered a memory of his leaving do speech when he teared up and Hendy Gill pulled out a giant hanky for him - brought the house down :lol:
Gerrumonside

Post by Gerrumonside »

Skerrett, Platt & Cowie triumvirate for me - they took no prisoners…
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

kitt green warriors wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 5:33 am This gets us back to last year's conversation about the Manly boycott of the pride shirts, I understand Ian Roberts is the only one to have come out of the cupboard upto now but that's not going to change in the NRL anytime soon, they've been talking about a respect round not a specific pride round and that's doubtful to happen either as people like Laurie Daley deem it too divisive, my opinion is that the gay community want to feel part of the community but surely having a special round is creating a divide by making a big deal of it, we don't have a straight white man round?
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foxspo ... 3ecf848b7a
Every round?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Flying Kel
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
mickali1

Post by mickali1 »

morley pie eater wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 5:09 pm Flying Kel
Killer Kel was the prop I've enjoyed watching the most. Makes me smile every time I think of him. :) Noughty bar steward :lol: .
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

There are players with character, who may not be the best, but are what you pay your money for and who you remember most clearly:
Hendy, Greg and Super Kel are 3 obvious examples. I'd have Henderson in my favourite team ahead of Offiah any day, though wouldn't claim he was a better winger.
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

kitt green warriors wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 5:33 am This gets us back to last year's conversation about the Manly boycott of the pride shirts, I understand Ian Roberts is the only one to have come out of the cupboard upto now but that's not going to change in the NRL anytime soon, they've been talking about a respect round not a specific pride round and that's doubtful to happen either as people like Laurie Daley deem it too divisive, my opinion is that the gay community want to feel part of the community but surely having a special round is creating a divide by making a big deal of it, we don't have a straight white man round?
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foxspo ... 3ecf848b7a
Aren’t their already other themed rounds? Do they do an armed forces themed match like Wigan do? No idea but the notion a pride round is divisive is nuts. They are just another group and I thought the comment at the end of the Rogers article where his late father said his son opened his eyes to how the world really is, was spot on. The fact a bunch of Manly players got hung up about it shows what a bunch of backward neanderthals they are. It’s particularly ironic since Sydney has a massive gay community centred around the King Cross area.

It was in Sydney over 30 years ago and it was like that back then and when me and my wife were walking around the area she commented on all these gorgeous women and I had to point out to her they were actually men! So given it’s been like this for decades, God knows what was going through the Manly players minds.