Sky sports!!

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Sky sports!!

Post by josie andrews »

Well it just shows that Ch4 were doing something right as tonight for the first time Carney, Wilkin & Tomkins are doing the warm up programme from the pitch instead of the studio!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
jobo

Re: Sky sports!!

Post by jobo »

josie andrews wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 7:05 pm Well it just shows that Ch4 were doing something right as tonight for the first time Carney, Wilkin & Tomkins are doing the warm up programme from the pitch instead of the studio!
Been a good intro for me.

Pity Sky can't be bothered creating a Rugby channel though and instead have chucked us on the Darts channel.

A casual browser wouldn't know a game's being shown
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

jobo wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 7:56 pm
josie andrews wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 7:05 pm Well it just shows that Ch4 were doing something right as tonight for the first time Carney, Wilkin & Tomkins are doing the warm up programme from the pitch instead of the studio!

Pity Sky can't be bothered creating a Rugby channel though and instead have chucked us on the Darts channel.

Was ok till they started pulling players out ala Hunter Paul.

A dedicated League channel would be superb, they have plenty of games and boots n all shows as well as some championship games to fill the day
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

Why would they not?

That just isn’t true.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

I thought tonight’s game was on the Main Event channel 401. Think that’s where most people start when checking sport.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

First Try Tickle wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 11:16 pm

I thought tonight’s game was on the Main Event channel 401. Think that’s where most people start when checking sport.
It was on both channels last night.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
jobo

Post by jobo »

nathan_rugby wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 9:04 pm

Why would they not?

That just isn’t true.
I was actually watching Man Utd on BT and occasionally, flicking to Sky for the darts. The rugby followed the darts which was on Sky Arena.
Although not very well made, my point was that for the casual browser, Sky have a list of named channels dedicated to various sports but none for rugby.
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

jobo wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 10:17 am

Why would they not?

That just isn’t true.
I was actually watching Man Utd on BT and occasionally, flicking to Sky for the darts. The rugby followed the darts which was on Sky Arena.
Although not very well made, my point was that for the casual browser, Sky have a list of named channels dedicated to various sports but none for rugby.
Does the name of the channel matter if you're a casual browser?

You either flick through the channels and see Rugby on the screen or flick through a TV guide, get to the Sports section and see Rugby League on?

Do people really focus on what specific channel its on? I couldn't care less nor could I tell you what channel it was on last night.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

nathan_rugby wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 1:08 pm

Why would they not?

That just isn’t true.

You either flick through the channels and see Rugby on the screen or flick through a TV guide, get to the Sports section and see Rugby League on?

Do people really focus on what specific channel its on? I couldn't care less nor could I tell you what channel it was on last night.
Why bother to reply to Jobo if you aren’t interested in what he said about channels
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

josie andrews wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 3:04 pm
nathan_rugby wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 1:08 pm

Why bother to reply to Jobo if you aren’t interested in what he said about channels
I saw what he wrote, and replied because I don’t agree.

I just don’t believe that if Sky created a hypothetical rugby league channel it would lead to a material increase in fans.

Whether the rugby league is on Sky Darts or Sky Arena it makes no difference. You would see a match on via your TV Guide or flicking through the channels.