Ex-Super League star ‘has asked’ Owen Farrell about Wigan Warriors move

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Ex-Super League star ‘has asked’ Owen Farrell about Wigan Warriors move

Post by josie andrews »

Martin Gleeson was a hero for Wigan Warriors in the 2010 Super League Grand Final scoring one of the all time great Grand Final tries as the club ended a 12-year wait to be crowned Champions.

He has recently been working for England Rugby Union and has asked Wigan legend Andy Farrell’s son and rugby union star Owen Farrell if he would play for in the future Wigan suggesting he would make a good ball playing thirteen.

Gleeson said on the Out of your League podcast:

Faz (Owen Farrell) loves his league. When the Rugby League World Cup was on in the Autumn most of the England Rugby Union lads were upstairs watching the Rugby League while they were in camp.

“Billy Vunipola and Manu Tuilagi love it. Marcus Smith as well. But Faz absolutely love league. He really does love it.

“I asked him if he would play for Wigan, and I think he would, but I’m just trying to think of where he would play and I think he would be a ball-playing thirteen.”

He also said that 41-capped England prop Ellis Genge loves rugby league and nearly trained with the Warriors:

“Ellis Genge is a good lad. He loves his league. He is one of few forwards that I’ve seen who loves his rugby league.

“He wants to play. I was speaking to Jon Clarke and he was actually meant to go up to Wigan for a couple of days and train with them.”

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/former-s ... ove-70601/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan