Hooker position

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
morley pie eater

Re: Hooker position

Post by morley pie eater »

culinator wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:35 am I dont think the issue is that the hooker always scoots as has been said, the problem is in my own opinion, he never does and so other teams know that its not part of the threat they have to deal with.
The slow passing from dummy half also for me is an issue as highlighted when playing Catalan.

In saying that, Powell does do some things well, im just answering my thoughts on the statement posed.
Your opinion re Powell is perfectly valid. But repeating something over and over again doesn't make it true. He scoots less than most, possibly all other 9s in SL. However he is recorded as having done 9 runs from dummy half in our most recent match.

If you want to make a credible case, it may help not to repeat your "facts" which are easy to check and disprove. [Wigan forever posted at the same time and gives a more reasonable slant to your pov.]
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
culinator

Post by culinator »

Thats an unwarranted response, did i say they where facts? No, i said my opinion.
I dont care if someone elses response is more valid that mine, it my opinion, im entitled to it
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

culinator wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:45 pm Thats an unwarranted response, did i say they where facts? No, i said my opinion.
I dont care if someone elses response is more valid that mine, it my opinion, im entitled to it
But your view, that he ‘never doe,’ is incorrect and consequently it gives your opinion no credence.
culinator

Post by culinator »

Its an opinion as stated. I dont check the stats on every player every game just incase someone wants to use it against me when i try and contribute to a conversation
Feel free to view your own opinions but no need to attack mine, although i do realise it wasnt yourself
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

culinator wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:23 pm Its an opinion as stated. I dont check the stats on every player every game just incase someone wants to use it against me when i try and contribute to a conversation
Feel free to view your own opinions but no need to attack mine, although i do realise it wasnt yourself
Its not an attack. Its just pointing out that the stats show your opinion is wrong factually. It would be odd to retain your opinion that he never runs when he does, and quite a bit, IMO. But each to their own.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Charriots Offiah

culinator wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:23 pm Its an opinion as stated. I dont check the stats on every player every game just incase someone wants to use it against me when i try and contribute to a conversation
You don’t have to check stats just watch the game.
culinator

Post by culinator »

Thats how i formed the opinion in the first place

Most peoples opinions of chickens are of a flightless bird but statistically they can fly, i just thought that was relevant
Charriots Offiah

culinator wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:10 pm Thats how i formed the opinion in the first place

Most peoples opinions of chickens are of a flightless bird but statistically they can fly, i just thought that was relevant
Are you actually saying that you have never seen him run from dummy half?
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

josie andrews wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:34 am
Wintergreen wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:49 am
nathan_rugby wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:34 am

Being a more attacking / attack minded hooker isn’t just about runny from dummy half.

I.e Powells attacking limitations would not be wholly resolved by running from dummy half.
This. Not sure what the point being made is here?
Is that a question to me WG or the latest reply? 😊
Oh I don't know, I'm confused now!
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

Tell u what having watched the full game last i would love to have known where they got 9 carries from. I reckon I seen 4-5. There’s more to 9 than DR as well. It’s actually about offering a threat to the markers so they aren’t drifting without being concerned what the 9 will do. We’re much easier to defend all ready this season. I do agree that oneil isn’t that different from Powell tbh. I’d love to see forber on the bench as well. I noticed he played 13 for the reserves at the weekend and i think he could be handy