Daryl Powell discusses Daryl Clark future at Warrington Wolves

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Daryl Powell discusses Daryl Clark future at Warrington Wolves

Post by josie andrews »

The hooker's contract is up at the end of this year.

Daryl Powell insists he '100 per cent' wants to keep Daryl Clark at Warrington beyond this season. Clark's contract expires at the Halliwell Jones Stadium this season, and rumours are already suggesting other clubs are interested in the 30-year-old for 2024.

Powell and Warrington CEO Karl Fitzpatrick have an impending recruitment meeting for next season on the horizon, and with Clark being in impressive form for the Wire this season, he admits the hooker's future is high on that agenda. Powell admitted that the club intend to hold talks with Clark in the coming weeks to discuss a new deal.

He said: "I had a chat with Clarky this week and we've got a recruitment meeting this week. We'll work from there. We've a couple of boys this year out of contract, and he's been outstanding, Daryl.

Him and Danny Walker at hooker in fact, but because of what we've had injury-wise in the middle, Clarky has played a slightly different role in the middle. 100 per cent though, I love him as a player, I've coached him a couple of times and we'll be talking in-depth in the next few weeks."

The news will be a big boost for Wire supporters, who have watched Clark produce some of his best form at the beginning of the new Super League season. He has been integral to Warrington's unbeaten start in the opening five games, but he is one of several high-profile hookers on the market this year.

Brad Dwyer signed a one-year deal at Hull FC and is expected to command attention, while Kruise Leeming's move to the NRL is likely to be a short-term one, with the former Leeds man set to sign a contract until the end of the season. That has already put top-flight clubs in England on alert about his availability for 2024.

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/sport/ru ... e-26533233
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
craigo

Re: Daryl Powell discusses Daryl Clark future at Warrington Wolves

Post by craigo »

Always thought he was a bit over rated tbh. But I would have him so that Saints miss out.
I have supported Wigan RL since the late 80s. First game was a cup tie v Barrow. Also a fan of football and Speedway. Have a varied taste in music.
josie andrews

Re: Daryl Powell discusses Daryl Clark future at Warrington Wolves

Post by josie andrews »

craigo wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 6:44 pm Always thought he was a bit over rated tbh. But I would have him so that Saints miss out.
😂😂
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan