Hudds v Saints

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
nathan_rugby

Re: Hudds v Saints

Post by nathan_rugby »

Blackpool_Pie wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:49 pm Huddersfield just didn't do enough in the end. I feel like if we played saints tonight the way they played we win by 5-10 points
Have you not watched us against KR and Cats?
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

up the junction wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:17 pm Wilkin proper gets on my Tits
He never stops talking! Like Carney & is so bloody ignorant interrupting people all the time. He’s the same on the side programme ‘On the Bench’! You don’t know what the chat is about with the constant tangents they go off on! 🤨

Terry O’Connor,McDermott & the rest of them do my head in. The number of games I turn off because of their inane gaggling 😠
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

The other thing, surely you all must have picked up on it! When Dirty Leeds were winning the Grand Final all the time & now it’s happening with Saints, they get all the 50/50 calls, can play 8/10 forward passes before they are pulled up for one! Lying on is another, slowing the game down with gamesmanship. Really does my head in!

It’s as if the RFL tell the refs to let them get away with infringements they penalise other teams for.

Rant over! And breathe! 🧘
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

Blackpool_Pie wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:30 pm Huddersfield going toe to toe with saints in a scrappy game. Huddersfield seem on top but you just feel saints will turn it on soon
interesting / different take on the game to what i listened on radio (not criticising just highlighting how it was seen differently by the commentators)

i was listening on 5live sports extra, and they were calling it the other way round in the 1st half. Yes, it was a physical arm wrestle (cue the rest of Brian Nobles unfathomable descriptions :) ), but the commentators had Saints controlling the field position and on top of Hudds. He also came out with something along the lines of a description for LMS - you get what you see on the tin, oil, beef and carrots (or something ridiculous like that), and i was like WTF are you talking about
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

the pieman wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:34 am
Blackpool_Pie wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:30 pm Huddersfield going toe to toe with saints in a scrappy game. Huddersfield seem on top but you just feel saints will turn it on soon
interesting / different take on the game to what i listened on radio (not criticising just highlighting how it was seen differently by the commentators)

i was listening on 5live sports extra, and they were calling it the other way round in the 1st half. Yes, it was a physical arm wrestle (cue the rest of Brian Nobles unfathomable descriptions :) ), but the commentators had Saints controlling the field position and on top of Hudds. He also came out with something along the lines of a description for LMS - you get what you see on the tin, oil, beef and carrots (or something ridiculous like that), and i was like WTF are you talking about
😂😂 Aye, but you gotta laugh at his descriptions, always gives me a laugh anyway 😂😂
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

nathan_rugby wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:27 am
Blackpool_Pie wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:49 pm Huddersfield just didn't do enough in the end. I feel like if we played saints tonight the way they played we win by 5-10 points
Yup. I'd have them to beat saints easily
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Blackpool_Pie wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:11 am
nathan_rugby wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:27 am
Yup. I'd have them to beat saints easily
Not too sure about KR! Aren’t they now riddled with injuries again??