Hull Fc v Leigh Leopards

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Hull Fc v Leigh Leopards

Post by josie andrews »

What a win away from home

Hull FC 16 Leigh Leopards 24

Try and Scorers O’Donnell, Charnley hatrick

Reynolds conversions 2, penalties 2
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Re: Hull Fc v Leigh Leopards

Post by josie andrews »

Leigh stun Hull FC as star man is sin binned twice

After being beaten 60-14 in their last home game, Hull FC showed what they can do against Champions St Helens last week and today they hosted newly promoted Leigh Leopards hoping to win their first game since Round Two.

It was the worst possible start for Tony Smith’s side however as they found themselves 12-0 down after eight minutes.

Five minutes into the game Kai O’Donnell powered over for the opening and after Hull kicked the kick off out on the full lovely work by Lachlan Lam set Josh Charnley up to make it 12-0.

By the 13th minute the Leopards were 16-0 ahead as Josh Charnley crossed for a second.

Hull needed a response and got one from a Brad Dwyer break. After a bit of chaos with both sides battling over a ball that Dwyer had offloaded Davy Litten ended up with the ball to produce a diving finish and make it 16-6 but just before the break Ligi Sao was sent to the sin bin for a head high tackle.

Shortly after the restart a penalty saw Ben Reynolds extend Leigh’s lead to 18-6 and things got worse for Hull as Sao was sin binned for a second time shortly after.

The Black and Whites went further behind as Josh Charnley rapped up his hat-trick in the corner but again Reynolds missed the kick so the Black and Whites only trailed by 16 points and almost instantly hit back as Jake Clifford raced away from a lovely offload to make it 22-12 after he converted his own try.

10 minutes later it was game on as former Leeds Rhinos teammates Brad Dwyer and Liam Sutcliffe combined for Sutcliffe to power over. This time though Clifford couldn’t add the extras: 22-16.

It was game back on until Joe Shorrocks forced Hull into an error which led to a penalty.

Reynolds stepped up to take it and he nailed it making it 24-16 wrapping up a famous win.

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/leigh-st ... ice-71432/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

In fairness it'll take.Smith this season to assess Hull then have a much needed clear out next season as for Leigh I thought they'd be fine but are exceeding my expectations they be reet and will stay up with ease.
craigo

Post by craigo »

Looks like this will be the season that Leigh stay up. Everyone thinks Wakey are doomed. I would be scared if I was a Cas fan. In fact yeah, I predict Cas to go.
I have supported Wigan RL since the late 80s. First game was a cup tie v Barrow. Also a fan of football and Speedway. Have a varied taste in music.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

craigo wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:33 pm Looks like this will be the season that Leigh stay up. Everyone thinks Wakey are doomed. I would be scared if I was a Cas fan. In fact yeah, I predict Cas to go.
Hope you are right
moto748

Post by moto748 »

That would be too good to be true!
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

We’ve got a hell of a game on our hands on Thursday.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Charriots Offiah wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 2:36 am We’ve got a hell of a game on our hands on Thursday.
Isn't that the truth