Leigh Leopards expect to break their Super League attendance record against Wigan Warriors

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Mike
Site Admin

Re: Leigh Leopards expect to break their Super League attendance record against Wigan Warriors

Post by Mike »

josie andrews wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:17 pm
craigo wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:33 pm Only club with no website. Got told it was because of some kind of dispute.
Must have been told wrong then!

https://leighrl.co.uk/wp/v2/
Seems a bit broken, and has their old name. So I'd say its out of date.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
josie andrews

Re: Leigh Leopards expect to break their Super League attendance record against Wigan Warriors

Post by josie andrews »

Mike wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:11 pm
josie andrews wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:17 pm
craigo wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:33 pm Only club with no website. Got told it was because of some kind of dispute.
Must have been told wrong then!

https://leighrl.co.uk/wp/v2/
Seems a bit broken, and has their old name. So I'd say its out of date.
So it is! Apologies to you 😳
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

craigo wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:33 pm
morley pie eater wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 12:03 pm
the pieman wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:04 am fair play to Leigh / Beaumont as that looks like being 2 home games on the trot where they break attendance records v the club. Admittedely it was Wigan and Saints, so an ideal opportunity to do so

i think there are a couple of positives which have aided that as well
1. they have started ok, and with 3 wins, probably more than a few of their fans expected. In the past they have come up with high hopes, and its been knocked out of them within a couple of weeks
2. decent pre-match entertainment (not always going to pull lots in but has certainly assisted)
3. DB has been pushing social media and showing the potential to attract attention, whether you like him or not, he's been putting Leigh out there and getting attention

so onto a bit of a gripe about Leigh, just tried to find their website????Anyone got any ideas. I can find Leigh Centurions, with an archive of fixtures from last year, but nothing for the current season. Surely with the rebrand etc, it would have been the ideal time to launch a new website as an attraction to fans / content etc, but nope, looks like they have missed a trick
Do they have the internet in Leigh?
Only club with no website. Got told it was because of some kind of dispute.
Apologies to you Craig 😳
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Big Derek has got it right this time round it helps of course that he started to recruit last May and not the usual December time that promoted clubs get,he's doing it right and while I think the leopard thing a bit naff it's got people noticing the club credit to him for that.

Given the excellent recruitment I never thought they'd go down this year and that's a good.thing brings another club from our side of the pennines along with a fair decent stadium.