St Helens star Lewis Dodd signs with leading NRL agent after World Club Challenge exploits

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
archiekeith

Re: St Helens star Lewis Dodd signs with leading NRL agent after World Club Challenge exploits

Post by archiekeith »

josie andrews wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:36 pm
archiekeith wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:22 pm
josie andrews wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:47 am

Why would he come here?? Let him go or stay at Saints, he hates Wigan Warriors!!
I've no idea. He's at a more successful club with the chance to go to the NRL " hating" Wigan needn't be a consideration. However I like the idea of him being here along with Rocky another Wigan product who has a youth was a talented prospect. What happened? You usually know the ins and outs of these things. Looking through the prism of my claret glass it's too opaque for me to see. Anyway I'm pleased he'll be back here.
So it’s the Claret that is clouding your judgement re Welsby. 😂😉

He has stated he prefers Latics to us!
Jack Welsby grew up in Wigan, his dad and grandad are Warriors fans and he is a regular at the DW Stadium to watch his beloved Latics...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugby ... elens.html
:lol:
Latics & Saints. A paradox if ever there was one :lol:
jobo

Re: St Helens star Lewis Dodd signs with leading NRL agent after World Club Challenge exploits

Post by jobo »

archiekeith wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 6:08 pm
josie andrews wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:36 pm
archiekeith wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:22 pm
I've no idea. He's at a more successful club with the chance to go to the NRL " hating" Wigan needn't be a consideration. However I like the idea of him being here along with Rocky another Wigan product who has a youth was a talented prospect. What happened? You usually know the ins and outs of these things. Looking through the prism of my claret glass it's too opaque for me to see. Anyway I'm pleased he'll be back here.
So it’s the Claret that is clouding your judgement re Welsby. 😂😉

He has stated he prefers Latics to us!
Jack Welsby grew up in Wigan, his dad and grandad are Warriors fans and he is a regular at the DW Stadium to watch his beloved Latics...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugby ... elens.html :lol:
Latics & Saints. A paradox if ever there was one :lol:
Not as contradictory as it sounds.

Some Latics fans hate Wigan rugby so much, they actively support our greatest rivals.

Strange but as long as it makes them happy 😊
archiekeith

Post by archiekeith »

[*]yes I was once pelted by rubbish thrown by Latics fans as I was leaving the ground. Like you say "it takes all sorts" D
craigo

Post by craigo »

One thing I have never took notice of, The Rugby and Latics rivalry. Totally nothing to do with each other. Different Sports. The football team I follow are not rivals with them, Well apart from when they play each other.
I have supported Wigan RL since the late 80s. First game was a cup tie v Barrow. Also a fan of football and Speedway. Have a varied taste in music.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

archiekeith wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:01 am [*]yes I was once pelted by rubbish thrown by Latics fans as I was leaving the ground. Like you say "it takes all sorts" D
Hey, us too! Going to a grand final, our coaches were leaving from think it was car 3, anyway the road that goes out passed B&Q. The coaches were all lined up there.

Latics were at home & we had to walk pass the south stand to go over the bridge, we were abused, spat at & drink thrown at us, at least I hoped it was drink!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
craigo

Post by craigo »

josie andrews wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 11:59 am
archiekeith wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 8:01 am [*]yes I was once pelted by rubbish thrown by Latics fans as I was leaving the ground. Like you say "it takes all sorts" D
Hey, us too! Going to a grand final, our coaches were leaving from think it was car 3, anyway the road that goes out passed B&Q. The coaches were all lined up there.

Latics were at home & we had to walk pass the south stand to go over the bridge, we were abused, spat at & drink thrown at us, at least I hoped it was drink!
it's daft. Rochdale football and Hornets don't get on. That has got worse actually. Rest of the other Town and Cities with both sports seem to want each other to do well.
I have supported Wigan RL since the late 80s. First game was a cup tie v Barrow. Also a fan of football and Speedway. Have a varied taste in music.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

josie andrews wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 11:59 am

I keep saying to my mate the next time bolton play wigan im gonna wear my warriors shirt lol
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE