Zak Hardaker says he “kicked up a bit of fuss” to secure Wigan Warriors exit

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Re: Zak Hardaker says he “kicked up a bit of fuss” to secure Wigan Warriors exit

Post by josie andrews »

Barney841 wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:01 pm Sounds like a child who throws his toys out the pram when he doesn’t get his own way, I work with someone like that, and it’s quite pathetic.
I rated him as a player but when I heard about his drink driving, rating him or not, I wanted his contract ripping up there and then.
He showed he can’t be trusted and this was proven later on in his Wigan career
Very true 😒
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
fozzieskem

Re: Zak Hardaker says he “kicked up a bit of fuss” to secure Wigan Warriors exit

Post by fozzieskem »

He had 6 months of his deal left,quite why he had to go the way he did still baffles me.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

fozzieskem wrote: Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:09 pm He had 6 months of his deal left,quite why he had to go the way he did still baffles me.
Me too! At least he wouldn’t have left us in disgrace & lost the respect of Wigan fans.

He must be under’t’thumb 😂
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Another talented player who could have been a great player but for his off field antics. Reminds me of Hock in this regard.

The fact Wigan saved his career and he did what he did spitting the dummy out certainly won him no friends here.

The trouble is there are few quality British players around in SL so it's no surprise despite his questionable character he got a gig at Leigh. If RL in this country was on a par with the NRL he might have found himself unemployed.
craigo

Post by craigo »

I must admit he is a great player. Was even better at Leeds. But there is too much baggage with him. Leigh can have him. Btw, I had a discussion with someone about Leigh. I started off by saying they are nearer to being as good as us in my life. Talked more. Predictions for tonight. Final table positions etc. Then person asked who I would sign from Leigh. BUT on the condition that it was a swap. The player in same position. Must be in starting 13. I went for Ipape definitely. Maybe Asiata.
Lam squad player. Mellor squad player a few seasons back maybe.
Think that says it all really. No contest !.
I have supported Wigan RL since the late 80s. First game was a cup tie v Barrow. Also a fan of football and Speedway. Have a varied taste in music.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Is Lam better than Smith? I think perhaps he is.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

moto748 wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:04 pm Is Lam better than Smith? I think perhaps he is.
I have mixed thoughts with Lam.
We looked dreadful under his management but Leigh look a good team.
Wonder what went so wrong for him at Wigan?
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Barney841 wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:13 pm
moto748 wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:04 pm Is Lam better than Smith? I think perhaps he is.
I have mixed thoughts with Lam.
We looked dreadful under his management but Leigh look a good team.
Wonder what went so wrong for him at Wigan?
He is now free of the the control hierarchy that is at this club
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

No way is lam better than smith
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

What has Lam (senior/junior) v Smith got to do with Zak Hardaker’s excuses of why he left Wigan/Leeds??