Morgan Knowles sees red - again

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
the pieman

Re: Morgan Knowles sees red - again

Post by the pieman »

Knowles Grade C 2 game ban

doesnt seem enough based on his past record
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

the pieman wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 2:10 pm Knowles Grade C 2 game ban

I thought that! Sam Powell got five or six matches last year for a high shot & never been in front of the disciplinary or been cited!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

josie andrews wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 2:45 pm
the pieman wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 2:10 pm Knowles Grade C 2 game ban

I thought that! Sam Powell got five or six matches last year for a high shot & never been in front of the disciplinary or been cited!
This year is completely different to last year due to the complaints about excessive bans last year. They said it would be,
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Ipinwigan

Post by Ipinwigan »

He should have got at least another 5, he attacked the player high from behind.
A real lengthy ban might make him think twice before being completely reckless, but then again, probably not.
Only giving him 2 allows him to play against us.
cherry toffee

Post by cherry toffee »

Two matches for that is a disgrace IMO , if a players previous good record is taken into account in some cases a players bad record should be taken into account in others, there are a couple at saints who are turning into serial offenders and there’s only one way to stop it
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

I dont know why anyone is surprised the whole system is a complete joke run by a bunch of biased comedians completely out of touch with the modern game. Sad but true
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

keptinthedarkfans wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 7:16 pm I dont know why anyone is surprised the whole system is a complete joke run by a bunch of biased comedians completely out of touch with the modern game. Sad but true
+1
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

St Helens rugby league star told to improve discipline after fifth ban in eight months

St Helens star Morgan Knowles has been told to improve his discipline or risk scuppering his side's campaign to win an unprecedented fifth consecutive Super League Grand Final.

Knowles picked up his fifth ban in eight months for a late tackle in the final minutes of Saints' 26-6 win over Championship side Halifax in the sixth round of the Challenge Cup.

Knowles, 26, was making his return from his latest five-match ban and will now miss a further two matches, starting with the Super League clash with Leeds Rhinos at Headingley on Friday 26 May.

Saints boss Paul Wellens insists he would not swap England star Knowles for any other forward in the competition but says he must learn his lessons in a season in which disciplinary issues have begun to cost Saints dear.

I spoke to Morgan individually and obviously he's disappointed and frustrated," said Wellens.

"Morgan is probably the best middle forward in the competition and I wouldn't want to swap him for anybody, but at the same time there are certain aspects of his game that he needs to improve on.

"His challenge is to keep his identity, because what has made him one of the best players in the competition is the fact that he can play tough and physical, but I've sat down with him and defined the areas where he's probably over-stepped the mark."

Wellens knows that Knowles is not the only Saints player who has let himself down in terms of discipline at times this season, in which they struggled to shake off the after-effects of their pre-season world title win in Australia, and sit in seventh place approaching the midway point of the season.

"We have got a number of players who like to play the game physically and on the edge, but if you are one of those players then discipline is the most important thing for you, and too many times this year we've gone way over the line," added Wellens.

"I've used the incidents from last week and previously to draw a line in the sand in terms of what I expect of the players moving forward.

"There's a certain moderation of behaviour required if you are going to play the game that way.

Dream comes true for Michael Smith with World Darts and Super League trophies

"If we'd handled a few areas differently in terms of discipline we'd probably be sitting second or third.

"That's how important it is to get it right because decisions like that can affect you pretty badly."

Saints travel to face Leeds on Friday in the first meeting between the two sides since Leeds' thrilling 25-24 win at the Totally Wicked Stadium in March.

It was another night in which Wellens' side were hampered by disciplinary issues, with Konrad Hurrell sent off and both Sione Mata'utia and Curtis Sironen also subsequently banned for incidents during the game.

"We learned from that night that you have got to stay disciplined," said Wellens.

"At some point in that game we were looking really comfortable, but if you drop your standards against Leeds they will punish you. It is a genuinely big game and a really big challenge for us again this week."

https://www.itv.com/news/granada/2023-0 ... ght-months
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

I don't think the actual sending off was that bad myself. A 2 game ban seems reasonable - however his previous record should absolutely be taken into consideration
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Blackpool_Pie wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 8:49 pm I don't think the actual sending off was that bad myself. A 2 game ban seems reasonable - however his previous record should absolutely be taken into consideration
For me it was utterly needless tackle given it was more or less at the end of the game he deserved the red and the ban no question for my money,good see Welles’s owning up to the clear problem saints players have at present but it’s how he deals with it I suppose.