Tyler Dupree

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
southportcdm

Tyler Dupree

Post by southportcdm »

Just seen that he's keen to leave Salford given that they've turned down a couple of offers from HKR. Is there any reason that he' d fancy HKR over anywhere else and, if not, should we be looking at making a move if Salford decide to let him go? Not seen much of him but he seems to have lots of potential and could be a good signing along with a more experienced prop for next season.
josie andrews

Re: Tyler Dupree

Post by josie andrews »

southportcdm wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 4:38 pm Just seen that he's keen to leave Salford given that they've turned down a couple of offers from HKR. Is there any reason that he' d fancy HKR over anywhere else and, if not, should we be looking at making a move if Salford decide to let him go? Not seen much of him but he seems to have lots of potential and could be a good signing along with a more experienced prop for next season.
I think I mentioned a while back, ( when he said he wanted to play for England & I thought Waney may have said something to the club, ) that I thought he could be okay for us
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

CLUB STATEMENT – TYLER DUPREE

irector of Rugby and Operations, Ian Blease would like to clarify the club’s position regarding Tyler Dupree:
“I can confirm the club have received a transfer request from the agent of Tyler Dupree today. We have strongly refused the request, with the player still a big part of our plans going forward.
“As a club, we are committed to retaining our players and after a recent extension, Tyler is contracted until the end of 2025.”

https://salfordreddevils.net/club-state ... er-dupree/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
stevo38

Post by stevo38 »

lots of potential ,apparantly hkr lining up a larger bid
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

No thanks
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Blackpool_Pie wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 10:38 pm No thanks
Its a maybe from me, good prospect but we need a different style of prop I think.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

We need a bit more size/height.
Junior is 6'5" Sam Walters is 6'6" so perhaps more that way. Ellis is 6'5", King and Wardle are 6'2'' or 6'3" and they are proving very good.
Dupree seems good but not for me for this Wigan squad right now.
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

From his career so far, looks like he's ready to move on whenever he thinks his career can benefit: Leeds, Oldham, Widnes, Salford, now HKR. So if we signed him and he proved to be good, he'd go to the NRL. If he's no good we keep him.
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

Wiganer Ted wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 8:24 am We need a bit more size/height.
Junior is 6'5" Sam Walters is 6'6" so perhaps more that way. Ellis is 6'5", King and Wardle are 6'2'' or 6'3" and they are proving very good.
Dupree seems good but not for me for this Wigan squad right now.
Height isn't everything. I'd rather a forward at 6'1/6'2 but built strong and tough.
Shaun1967

Tyler Dupree

Post by Shaun1967 »

Reported that we’ve made Salford an offer for him. Don’t know if this is to bring him in straight away?
https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/r ... ee-8475761
“Usually the fans that abuse players like Sam have never done anything of any note themselves. They’re nobodies, whose greatest claim to fame is abusing someone who has, and these so-called ‘Eddie the Experts’ pretend to their mates that they have."

WALLY LEWIS