Tyler Dupree

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Re: Tyler Dupree

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan Warriors enter Tyler Dupree battle with improved bid tabled for Hull KR target

The Challenge Cup holders are keen on signing the England international.

Wigan Warriors have entered the battle to sign Hull KR target Tyler Dupree. Hull Live understands the Warriors have tabled an improved offer to Salford Red Devils in an attempt to acquire the England prop.

23-year-old Dupree handed in a transfer request earlier this week after the Reds rejected two bids from Rovers, with the latter thought to be of £150,000. However, Wigan are now thought to have stepped in and are also keen to land a deal for the disgruntled prop.

The Robins remain keen on signing Dupree and have been working hard since Dupree's transfer request to get a deal over the line. But equally, Salford's reluctance to sell has seen them make alternative plans throughout the saga and they would also be content to push forward on other opportunities if a deal doesn't come off.

Internally, Hull KR are believed to have grown frustrated with Salford throughout the matter. Their Managing Director, Paul King, admitted in an interview earlier this week that they had taken four weeks to reject the latest offer. There's a feeling that the Reds have given off mixed signals with regards to their need to sell but their reluctance to make a decision has given the Robins an opportunity to plan for a scenario where Dupree doesn't arrive at Craven Park.

Dupree's transfer request may have made that decision easier for them, with the former Leeds Rhinos Academy product informing the club of his desire to leave. He has been named in their 21-man squad to face Hull FC on Sunday. He has enjoyed a rapid ascent in recent years, winning the Championship's young player of the year award in 2021 while at Oldham, which earned him a move to Widnes Vikings. He was quickly snapped up by Salford and he made his England debut in April.

It's unclear at this stage whether or not Rovers will make an improved bid, but Wigan's emergence does cast some doubt on a potential move, regardless of whether Salford do decide to pull the trigger on a sale or not.

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/r ... ee-8475761
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
ddtftf

Dupree

Post by ddtftf »

Wigan Warriors enter Tyler Dupree battle with improved bid tabled for Hull KR target
Dan2266

Dupree

Post by Dan2266 »

https://t.co/24usjwIO1i

Bid I believe is £180k and was rejected.
Firestarter

Re: Dupree

Post by Firestarter »

Dan2266 wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 4:22 pm https://t.co/24usjwIO1i

180 wigans bid dan?
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Pieman13

Post by Pieman13 »

Got to be Danson paying that if it's that much, or the Bateman money.

If the rumours come true we'll have a real strong set of young props going forward.

Ellis 26 (get him extended!), Havard 22, Byrne 23, Dupree 23, Walters 22, Hill 19
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

Whatever the outcome. it's good to see us competing aggressively in this way.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Good to see wigan having a go but is he worth that sort of money?
Dan2266

Post by Dan2266 »

Firestarter wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 4:23 pm
Dan2266 wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 4:22 pm https://t.co/24usjwIO1i

180 wigans bid dan?
Yes mate
HindleyGreen28

Post by HindleyGreen28 »

I believe Saints have bid for Dupree as well.
stevo38

Post by stevo38 »

with singleton going to them must be some deal we can do ,dupree got massive potential