Former Super League Champion forced to retire

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Former Super League Champion forced to retire

Post by josie andrews »

Widnes Vikings have confirmed that Kyle Amor has retired with immediate effect due to injury.

Amor signed with the club at the start of this season and has played in 10 of the club’s 12 games so far this season.

Head of Operations, Chris Hamilton, said: “Kyle has been struggling with shoulder and knee injuries and has been finding it increasingly hard to overcome them whilst meeting the needs of his Widnes commitments. He has sat down with me and John Kear and we have decided this is the right thing to do for both the club and Kyle himself.

“Kyle has been at the top level of the game for a long time and of course it is disappointing for his playing career to end this way, but we thank him for his efforts on behalf of the club and wish him well for the future.”

Kyle Amor said: “I would like to thank everyone involved at Widnes Vikings for welcoming me into this great club and thank them for their understanding and support. Unfortunately, in recent months I have found it incredibly difficult to manage my injuries and meet the demands of playing rugby at this level. After much deliberation, I have made the difficult decision to retire from the sport that I love. This is a decision that has not come lightly but I feel it is the right thing to do.

“The club is in a great place both on and off the field and I wish the Vikings all the success their with future endeavours.”

https://www.seriousaboutrl.com/former-s ... ire-75164/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Re: Former Super League Champion forced to retire

Post by josie andrews »

Wish Kyle all the best for his future & thank him for his contribution to SL. A no nonsense forward 👏🏼👏🏼
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
craigo

Post by craigo »

A good lad and pundit tbh.
I have supported Wigan RL since the late 80s. First game was a cup tie v Barrow. Also a fan of football and Speedway. Have a varied taste in music.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Good lad,good player and I suspect an even better pundit in the making