Simply the Best

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
archiekeith

Simply the Best

Post by archiekeith »

Image Tina passed away. But the music will still echo around RL stadiums all over the world
Firestarter

Re: Simply the Best

Post by Firestarter »

It certainly will i also remember her”some guys” video which was always played prior to the highlights videos I regularly hired from micron video.Think it was around abouts the 1988-89 season
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

The song just reminds me of the challenge cup final. Sweet memories
culinator

Post by culinator »

Exactly this, always associate this song with our Challenge Cup Victories, always wondered if that was just myself
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

culinator wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 10:51 am Exactly this, always associate this song with our Challenge Cup Victories, always wondered if that was just myself
Our signature tune in the 80s/90s, a song that Saints supporters, who are old enough hate 😀. Great memories, RIP Tina.
Euclid

Post by Euclid »

Relevant at all levels….I can remember this song playing in 1992 when the team I played for won a trophy in a knockout competition. I’m sure there’s plenty of ex players at all levels that Tina’s song brings back lots of happy memories to.
craigo

Post by craigo »

Definitely reminds me of that era.
I have supported Wigan RL since the late 80s. First game was a cup tie v Barrow. Also a fan of football and Speedway. Have a varied taste in music.