Sam Walters

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
craigo

Re: Sam Walters

Post by craigo »

Would be a good signing
I have supported Wigan RL since the late 80s. First game was a cup tie v Barrow. Also a fan of football and Speedway. Have a varied taste in music.
blindsideprop

Post by blindsideprop »

H looked good last night,very aggressive and strong.H e is still raw but could become a top class player.
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

blindsideprop wrote: Sat May 27, 2023 1:19 pm H looked good last night,very aggressive and strong.H e is still raw but could become a top class player.
+1
w.thomas

Post by w.thomas »

I wasn’t that impressed with him to be honest. Gives me bad attitude vibes but I’ve often been wrong before. All for good young props being signed but I’d still like an older experienced pack leader signed and not prospects. We’ve got enough of those with Hill and another couple of lads from the reserves coming through.
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

w.thomas wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 9:16 pm I wasn’t that impressed with him to be honest. Gives me bad attitude vibes but I’ve often been wrong before. All for good young props being signed but I’d still like an older experienced pack leader signed and not prospects. We’ve got enough of those with Hill and another couple of lads from the reserves coming through.
What do you mean by bad attitude vibes? I'm not disagreeing I didn't see the match
w.thomas

Post by w.thomas »

Blackpool_Pie wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 9:29 pm
w.thomas wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 9:16 pm I wasn’t that impressed with him to be honest. Gives me bad attitude vibes but I’ve often been wrong before. All for good young props being signed but I’d still like an older experienced pack leader signed and not prospects. We’ve got enough of those with Hill and another couple of lads from the reserves coming through.
What do you mean by bad attitude vibes? I'm not disagreeing I didn't see the match
I just don’t like players who are overly mouthy and wind other players up (jake Connor) he did it a couple of times in last few weeks games. I want players that do their talking on the pitch and smash through defences. I wouldn’t want him coming in taking potentially Nsembas spot, he’s more my cup of tea. Just personal preference btw. Walters could develop into a top player, the coaches must see something in him if we are in for him.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

w.thomas wrote: Mon May 29, 2023 9:21 pm
Blackpool_Pie wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 9:29 pm
I just don’t like players who are overly mouthy and wind other players up (jake Connor) he did it a couple of times in last few weeks games. I want players that do their talking on the pitch and smash through defences. I wouldn’t want him coming in taking potentially Nsembas spot, he’s more my cup of tea. Just personal preference btw. Walters could develop into a top player, the coaches must see something in him if we are in for him.
he played up to the line but he could cross it at times. What I did like is he wanted to lead and be involved - a good player in there but will take some coaching. I'd put Junior way in front of him TBH.
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

Deal was done 3 weeks ago looks a very good prospect
Dreamteam

Post by Dreamteam »

Great to see peet slowly filter out these average players during the lam era. Bibby,singleton,bullock ect. Seems to be building a proper squad now that can have sustained success
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

ddtftf wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 10:45 am Deal was done 3 weeks ago looks a very good prospect
Thanks for that dd. For those of us who don't live in Wigan and aren't hearing the rumours that are around the town, your bits of info are superb.

I've thought he ;looked good in the past for Leeds and couldn't understand why Smith wouldn't play him. Glad he's coming to Wigan.

Thanks.