Sam Walters

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
WWRL

Sam Walters

Post by WWRL »

Rumour that he’s leaving Leeds and coming to Wigan

https://t.co/ibYUyhIBSg
Blackpool_Pie

Re: Sam Walters

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

Very good signing if true. Leeds fans are absolutely filthy about it
Brennox7

Post by Brennox7 »

Be a good signing if it comes off. Big lad.

We should be looking at bringing him in now, with singleton off and cooper out all year.

Walters can’t get a gig for Leeds anyway
josie andrews

Leeds Rhinos suffer Sam Walters blow as young forward makes decision on future

Post by josie andrews »

Walters will leave the club at the end of the season.

Leeds Rhinos will lose Sam Walters at the end of the season. Rugby League Live understands the 22-year-old has decided to leave the club and is expected to take up a contract with Wigan Warriors for the 2024 season.

Walters had decided to enter the open market after frustrations regarding his playing time this year and, despite Leeds' efforts to retain him, Walters has decided to move on to a new challenge at the end of the season.

Despite playing in the Rhinos' defeat to Salford last week, he was dropped to the reserves this week, replaced by Frenchman Justin Sangare in the matchday squad. Despite finding his gameplay limited this year, Leeds were keen to keep him but Walters will now move on.

It's a blow to the Rhinos' plans for 2024, who are understood to be bitterly disappointed to not only lose him, but the prospect of losing him to one of their most bitter rivals. From a Wigan perspective he would help replace Brad Singleton, who will leave for Salford at the end of the season, but more importantly, it would see the Warriors land a player who many believe is one of the most promising British forwards in the British game.

Wigan, understandably, are looking to recruit a back-rower after losing John Bateman before the season and the impending departure of Kai Pearce-Paul to NRL side Newcastle Knights. However, their recruitment drive is expected to be relatively low key, with head coach Matt Peet putting emphasis on the club's intent to retain its current crop of players.

And for Leeds, they will now have to source an extra addition to their squad after losing a player in Walters who many felt had a long-term future at the club. In total he has made 29 appearances for the Rhinos, including four this season.

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/rugb ... e-26907222
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
medlocke

Re: Leeds Rhinos suffer Sam Walters blow as young forward makes decision on future

Post by medlocke »

Will this be another we all know he's signing but the club won't anounce it till September cracks?
Blackpool_Pie

Re: Leeds Rhinos suffer Sam Walters blow as young forward makes decision on future

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

Already a thread Josie you best close this one down :D
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Blackpool_Pie wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 3:07 pm Already a thread Josie you best close this one down :D
I apologise! I didn’t expect it to be in the Rumour Mill.

So, on your bequest, after I found it, I moved it to the General Forum & merged the two.

Hope that is okay with you?
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

josie andrews wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 3:18 pm
Blackpool_Pie wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 3:07 pm Already a thread Josie you best close this one down :D
I apologise! I didn’t expect it to be in the Rumour Mill.

So, on your bequest, after I found it, I moved it to the General Forum & merged the two.

Hope that is okay with you?
Not good enough I'm afraid. As a moderator of this site I'd expect no stone to be unturned before you post a new thread. I'm expecting you to be handing in your resignation soon :lol:
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Brennox7 wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 1:38 pm Be a good signing if it comes off. Big lad.

We should be looking at bringing him in now, with singleton off and cooper out all year.

Walters can’t get a gig for Leeds anyway
Its a no brainer for this season if hes any good? Not seen much of him tbh
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

medlocke wrote: Sat May 13, 2023 2:11 pm Will this be another we all know he's signing but the club won't anounce it till September cracks?
We are the worst at keeping secrets for whatever reason.Im suprised dan hadnt mentioned it, unless ive missed his post
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE