Sam Walters

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Blackpool_Pie

Re: Leeds Rhinos suffer Sam Walters blow as young forward makes decision on future

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

As said before, Leeds fans on twitter weren't happy he didn't start against us and now he's being linked with us they're absolutely filthy about it. Only seen him a couple of times but he puts himself about. Big lad with a good attitude. Think he could go well here and doesn't take a quota spot
Ste18ven

Sam walters

Post by Ste18ven »

New member 1st time post,Sam walters young Leeds forward expected to sign for Wigan next yr?
Charriots Offiah

Re: Sam walters

Post by Charriots Offiah »

Hi Steven,

Welcome. Somebody has posted this news on the General section of the forum even though it is only a rumour.
morley pie eater

Re: Leeds Rhinos suffer Sam Walters blow as young forward makes decision on future

Post by morley pie eater »

The lad has played 24 first team games in 3 years for Leeds. He's 22 and described as a 2nd rower and prop.

From Rhinos website:
"The six-foot-six forward, who made the move [from Halton Hornets] with Jarrod O’Connor, is formidable running at the line and also possesses an offload game that releases players down the field."

He made 4 appearances at the end of the 2020, and 8 in 2021. Spent time on loan at Bradford and Batley.

I'm waiting for a response from a mate who's a Leeds fan. Will add more info if I get any.

Mate says "he's a decent player, mainly played 2nd row."
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

Really hope/think we've signed this lad as Singleton has gone to Salford
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

The little I've seen of Walters he's seemed a good player and it appeared strange Smith wouldn't play him.
Shaw isn't ofter wrong in his rumours and he will be a good signing should this turn out to be true.

Perhaps the club might try to bring him in early this year once it has all been announced. Smith isn't playing him so maybe we will find out more next week after the C Cup game between us and Leeds.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Wiganer Ted wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 8:37 pm The little I've seen of Walters he's seemed a good player and it appeared strange Smith wouldn't play him.
Shaw isn't ofter wrong in his rumours and he will be a good signing should this turn out to be true.

Perhaps the club might try to bring him in early this year once it has all been announced. Smith isn't playing him so maybe we will find out more next week after the C Cup game between us and Leeds.
Seems to me Smith doesn’t care who he upsets by dropping/not picking players I don’t think I’d want him negotiating a peace treaty
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

My Rhinos mate when asked was sorry to see him going, big lad with a good offload, a slow developer not helped by shifting him from edge to middle.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

ian.birchall wrote: Tue May 16, 2023 3:01 pm My Rhinos mate when asked was sorry to see him going, big lad with a good offload, a slow developer not helped by shifting him from edge to middle.
We will probably send King back to Wire and have him as a centre
Brennox7

Sam Walters

Post by Brennox7 »

If we have managed to sign walters, he looks really good here vs St Helens. Constant running threat, good defence and feisty. He’s been at Sironen all night!