Willie Peters/HKR

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Willie Peters/HKR

Post by josie andrews »

Willie Peters pinpoints two stars that epitomise the 'Hull KR way'

Willie Peters spoke to the Sky Sports team before Hull KR's clash with Wigan Warriors on Thursday evening.

Since his arrival at Craven Park, it's clear to see what type of rugby league player Willie Peters likes. Of course, the Hull KR coach loves flashy players such as Mikey Lewis, but he often doffs his cap to those hard workers who go under the radar.

That's evident from the type of players he's brought into the club this season. James Batchelor, Sauaso Sue and Sam Luckley have all bolstered KR's pack, becoming three key figures down the middle of the park. Peters wants honest people who don't mind doing the hard yards, and he discussed why when he was live on Sky Sports.

Dean Hadley and James Batchelor," said Peters. "They are two players who people love playing with because they play the Hull KR way. They work hard every day, you know what you are going to get from them and they are tough.

On Hadley, the former Hull FC player has found himself in a new position over the past few weeks but is impressing as a front rower. Rewarded with a new contract not that long ago, those effort areas and high commitment levels are what's impressing Peters.

We've played Dean at prop, which was strategy-based, but he hasn't lost his spot. It's his jersey at the moment, but we have a lot of props in the team, and it's highly competitive. As I've said, people love playing with Dean Hadley."

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/r ... or-8473731
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Re: Willie Peters/HKR

Post by josie andrews »

Every club seems to want to follow everything Wigan Warriors say or do! 🤨

We’ve always been involved with the fans & more so now being involved heavily with the local, & not so local, Community (Now every club keeps saying that they are)

We’ve always promoted The Wigan Way Now we have the HKR way!! There never was one before 🤔

I know, I’m a sarcastic bitch but I’ve always said "where Wigan lead, the others follow"!
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
Brennox7

Post by Brennox7 »

I think your right Josie.

We do create a lot of positivity not just in our club but across the League, particularly culture and what the boys do in the community. It’s been a big talking point since Peet took over.

Seems clubs do follow our lead or example when we do things right.

Both pleasing and annoying 😂
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Brennox7 wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 12:34 pm I think your right Josie.

We do create a lot of positivity not just in our club but across the League, particularly culture and what the boys do in the community. It’s been a big talking point since Peet took over.

Seems clubs do follow our lead or example when we do things right.

Both pleasing and annoying 😂
CULTURE That’s the bloody word I couldn’t think of this morning! 😳

Also songs we play, think Cas are the worse for that. But they all are, except Saints & Leeds. It’s as if they have no imagination or ideas of their own!

Really does annoys me!