Disciplinary

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Blackpool_Pie

Re: Disciplinary

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

fozzieskem wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 11:34 pm
josie andrews wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 11:09 pm Folk going mad on Twitter not just about the officiating of the game & this incident but about Lomax allowing a player to be sent off for "a non punch" on him & not telling the referee that he hadn’t been punched.

I wonder if Lomax will see some sort of punishment for his withholding of evidence & just blatantly cheating! Bringing the game into disrepute?? 🤔🤔 I just wonder 💭
I was watching the game on sky and it does seem Lomax asks about the punch..the punch that now seems wasn’t a punch not a good look at all
All stemming from something I cannot abide in our sport. The goading of a player who has just made a mistake. Absolutely sick of seeing it and it needs clamping down on in my view. Not a good look at all. The odd head pat or whatever ok just get on with it. Blatant shoving and shouting in someone's face - in this case as they're on the floor trying to get up - isn't what anyone ones to see
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Contradictory I know, but whilst I agree with the moral high ground stance about goading a player who's made a mistake, I clearly remember us doing it to superstar Welsby earlier this season - and it was great! Put him off his game, I think, and helped us win the match.

I believe Morgan Smithies was first in to pat Wonderboy on the head, but quickly followed by many others, including our Captain Farrell. (Sneaky Whisky in the Jar reference there.)

I guess it's the usual bias that we all have - it's wrong, but ok when we do it?
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

morley pie eater wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 11:39 am Contradictory I know, but whilst I agree with the moral high ground stance about goading a player who's made a mistake, I clearly remember us doing it to superstar Welsby earlier this season - and it was great! Put him off his game, I think, and helped us win the match.

I believe Morgan Smithies was first in to pat Wonderboy on the head, but quickly followed by many others, including our Captain Farrell. (Sneaky Whisky in the Jar reference there.)

I guess it's the usual bias that we all have - it's wrong, but ok when we do it?
I don't think it's right when anyone does it. Weather it's worked for us or other teams, it's incredibly tedious to watch as a neutral or when it happens against your team
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Blackpool_Pie wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 6:14 am
fozzieskem wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 11:34 pm
josie andrews wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 11:09 pm Folk going mad on Twitter not just about the officiating of the game & this incident but about Lomax allowing a player to be sent off for "a non punch" on him & not telling the referee that he hadn’t been punched.

I wonder if Lomax will see some sort of punishment for his withholding of evidence & just blatantly cheating! Bringing the game into disrepute?? 🤔🤔 I just wonder 💭
I was watching the game on sky and it does seem Lomax asks about the punch..the punch that now seems wasn’t a punch not a good look at all
All stemming from something I cannot abide in our sport. The goading of a player who has just made a mistake. Absolutely sick of seeing it and it needs clamping down on in my view. Not a good look at all. The odd head pat or whatever ok just get on with it. Blatant shoving and shouting in someone's face - in this case as they're on the floor trying to get up - isn't what anyone ones to see
I can’t either,drives me mad when they do it,Smithees was a bugger for it under Lam but seems to have stopped it now,plenty of ways to get under an opposing players skin without resorting to playground tactics.
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Of course not Josie, it was an honest mistake, this from the man who selflessly created the green card rule for players feigning injury to enable their fellow players to have time to get back into their teams defensive line.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

ian.birchall wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:29 am

Of course not Josie, it was an honest mistake, this from the man who selflessly created the green card rule for players feigning injury to enable their fellow players to have time to get back into their teams defensive line.
You’re so right about Lomax, can’t stand the little jumped up squirt! 🤨 He did it during the GF when we were in the lead & they were knackered to give them all a breather while the ref stopped the game, when the other little squirt, “the golden child" scored at the end for them to win it. He, Lomax, goes down at least once in a game at a crucial period!

I watched the incident again yesterday & Lomax had taken off his head gear blood all over his shirt (sure he has one of those pills they have in movies that actors break to display blood, cos he’s always got it on him) & was giving James McDonnell a right mouthful in front of the ref. No wonder the officials assumed it was true.

I hate Leeds but glad James got off with it. He’s a good lad!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan