Ex-Rugby League chief Ralph Rimmer appointed by the government to "work on the future sustainability of Rugby Union

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
fozzieskem

Re: Ex-Rugby League chief Ralph Rimmer appointed by the government to "work on the future sustainability of Rugby Union

Post by fozzieskem »

Caboosegg wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:27 pm I don't have any issue with union. However I do have an issue with the government getting involved. Did they appoint advisors when widnes, Salford and Bradford went pop?
Of course they didn’t they don’t give a shiny suit of armour about those places,the rah fans have to have their game even it’s clearly being run by morons handing out stupid amount of money to beer bellied porkers who if they chose to come and play the man’s game for a fecking satsuma and a ginger nut they’d crap themselves.

The clueless bozos in charge of union got themselves into this mess and bloody well should get themselves out of it.
moto748

Re: Ex-Rugby League chief Ralph Rimmer appointed by the government to "work on the future sustainability of Rugby Union

Post by moto748 »

It sucks but it's par for the course. I watch the union highlights (a whole game is a tough watch, even a 'good' one), mostly to see some spark of talent, and there always is some: Marcus Smith obviously, the scrum-half Mitchell, the Arundel lad looks promising... But the nature of the rules, the frequent stoppages of play, it makes for a poor deal for spectators. How they pack them for big games is quite amazing, really.
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

Stanfax wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:51 pm
Ipinwigan wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 5:48 pm No idea why Rugby Union would want him, he was absolutely clueless for the RFL, but that's perhaps why they want him

Agent Rimmer?
Secret Agent!! On whose side? (One for you Bond Fans)

Seriously, he did damage to RL, is this his payoff? Or our revenge on RU?