Super League Magic weekend attendance day one as records smashed

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Super League Magic weekend attendance day one as records smashed

Post by josie andrews »

SUPER LEAGUE held its popular Magic Weekend at Newcastle United’s St James’ Park with three superb games taking place.

The first game saw Hull KR do battle with Salford Red Devils with Paul Rowley’s men running out 26-16 winners before Catalans Dragons put Wigan Warriors to the sword in a 46-22 drubbing.

Last but not least, Leeds Rhinos went up against the Castleford Tigers

A record of over 17,000 fans made it into the first game with 36,943 the final total for what was a successful first day.

https://www.totalrl.com/super-league-ma ... d-smashed/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
ddtftf

Re: Super League Magic weekend attendance day one as records smashed

Post by ddtftf »

So basically the biggest event of half term with the biggest crowd and TV viewing, saw the biggest team in RL embarrass their fans not for the 1st time this year. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Charriots Offiah

Post by Charriots Offiah »

ddtftf wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 12:04 pm So basically the biggest event of half term with the biggest crowd and TV viewing, saw the biggest team in RL embarrass their fans not for the 1st time this year. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
That’s about right D. Any further news on signings?
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

Total attendance for the weekend 63,200
That's an average of 10k plus per game and they want to get rid . They're mental

EW
2002 and EW is hooked
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

EDINBURGH-WARRIOR wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 6:06 pm Total attendance for the weekend 63,200
That's an average of 10k plus per game and they want to get rid . They're mental

EW
Agreed to me it shows IMG don't understand leagues audience at all.
Blackpool_Pie

Post by Blackpool_Pie »

EDINBURGH-WARRIOR wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 6:06 pm Total attendance for the weekend 63,200

EW
I'm still not overly keen at the moment as I've said on another thread. Constantly half empty stadiums. Run of the mill games ie not derbies. Terrible spectacle for TV viewers. Slightly different when you're there, but still lots of empty seats and I feel the atmosphere isn't the same when you have fans rolling around an empty ground
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

EW
And copied by NRL.
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

There were 36k there on Saturday . Granted not everybody watches every game from their seats but the bars are full and the banter in the bars is second to none. It's an occasion where everybody can interact with supporters from all the other Superleague at the same time .
The Challenge Cup Final does not attract fans from non playing clubs any more so the format does not lend itself so great fan interaction and is in my opinion coupled with the fact Wembley is in the middle of nowhere so it's in watch the game and out if your team ain't playing . Not Great fun anymore and I go to both every year

EW
2002 and EW is hooked