We need Catalans scout !!!!!!!!

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
ddtftf

We need Catalans scout !!!!!!!!

Post by ddtftf »

Dragons have already confirmed the capture of Hull FC's Chris Satae and are thought to be closing in on Penrith Panthers' Tyrone Peachey. They also have an offer in place for Kruise Leeming, who is currently in the NRL playing for Gold Coast Titans.
ddtftf

Re: We need Catalans scout !!!!!!!!

Post by ddtftf »

Does anyone know if Rads has any news on his trip to Australia to find players there has been no news & other teams are strengthening their squads ??
Maybe its time for the other money director I think its Danson who owns most of the shares to be more pro active in acquiring new players , when Leigh are spending more than Wigan we need a re think ??
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

ddtftf wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 6:01 am Dragons have already confirmed the capture of Hull FC's Chris Satae and are thought to be closing in on Penrith Panthers' Tyrone Peachey. They also have an offer in place for Kruise Leeming, who is currently in the NRL playing for Gold Coast Titans.
i dont think thats anything to do with scouting

anyone who has watched SL can see that Satae is a cracking player on his day

Le Cats have the benefit of being in the South of France, nice weather and favourable exchange rate at the minute / lower tax rates than here
Bobby-WRL

Post by Bobby-WRL »

Catalans have a huge advantage around the cap and that is their tax/retirement laws .
For example Sam T is going to be earning a great wage now for the next 5 years (I think) from the French government. Plus the fact you get to the weather.

If Leigh are spending more than Wigan then they are breaking the cap . Granted they are doing a good job at the moment but when the dust settles would anyone really want their squad over ours?

Wigan have a plan/process based mainly on home grown players and building a team. No one would have argued with this strategy or the squad after our 3 emphatic wins over Easter.

We have a depleted squad but when bodies are back we will come good again !
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

we have had no Kicker for 10 years its unforgivable for a Wigan team look how many games we would have won with a good percentage kicker like Rhyse Martin in the team & look how quick St Helens have replaced their hooker with quality & when we needed a centre they got Conrad Hurrell who has a massive assist & try record we got King ,
Karl Carpenter

Post by Karl Carpenter »

ddtftf wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 7:27 am Does anyone know if Rads has any news on his trip to Australia to find players there has been no news & other teams are strengthening their squads ??
Maybe its time for the other money director I think its Danson who owns most of the shares to be more pro active in acquiring new players , when Leigh are spending more than Wigan we need a re think ??
It’s easier to get info from the Kremlin than it is from Wigan Warriors. Did KR sign somebody but it’s being kept under wraps or did he have no success at all and doesn’t want to talk about it? Why was the original thread on this subject locked? Apologies to those concerned if the reason was given but I missed it.
Karl Carpenter

Post by Karl Carpenter »

Karl Carpenter wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:43 am
ddtftf wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 7:27 am Does anyone know if Rads has any news on his trip to Australia to find players there has been no news & other teams are strengthening their squads ??
It’s easier to get info from the Kremlin than it is from Wigan Warriors. Did KR sign somebody but it’s being kept under wraps or did he have no success at all and doesn’t want to talk about it? Why was the original thread on this subject locked? Apologies to those concerned if the reason was given but I missed it.
Just looked at the original thread and I can see it went off subject.
Ipinwigan

Post by Ipinwigan »

It's the usual case with Wigan, they always keep things under wraps, any signings normally start as rumours, or from Aussie Press statements following Wigan approaching someone.
This time of the season always becomes farcical, with teams announcing signings for next season, when they are still playing for their current teams.
Karl Carpenter

Post by Karl Carpenter »

Ipinwigan wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 12:48 pm It's the usual case with Wigan, they always keep things under wraps, any signings normally start as rumours, or from Aussie Press statements following Wigan approaching someone.
This time of the season always becomes farcical, with teams announcing signings for next season, when they are still playing for their current teams.
The worrying thing is that rumours have Wigan signing only one player, Sam Walters, from Leeds. Is that it or have they managed to keep a major signing or two under wraps?
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

looks like Luke Thomson going to Leeds now