We need Catalans scout !!!!!!!!

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
southportcdm

Re: We need Catalans scout !!!!!!!!

Post by southportcdm »

Although I was a big fan of Thompson in the past I think signing him would be a real risk given his injury problems. We're could really do with a top class prop and there are very few available but we shouldn't let that cause us to panic buy. He'll demand huge wages so let Leeds or wire waste their cash on him. When was the last time he put together a decent run of games at the level he produced for saints? With smart choices I'm sure we could get two good signings (i.e. better than two of our present group) from the NRL for the same cash that we'd spend on Thompson.
Ipinwigan

Post by Ipinwigan »

Thompson could be another George Burgess signing if we went for him
Karl Carpenter

Post by Karl Carpenter »

Karl Carpenter wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:00 am
Ipinwigan wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 12:48 pm It's the usual case with Wigan, they always keep things under wraps, any signings normally start as rumours, or from Aussie Press statements following Wigan approaching someone.
This time of the season always becomes farcical, with teams announcing signings for next season, when they are still playing for their current teams.
The worrying thing is that rumours have Wigan signing only one player, Sam Walters, from Leeds. Is that it or have they managed to keep a major signing or two under wraps?
Sorry, forgot about Tyler Dupree rumour.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Karl Carpenter wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 6:23 pm
Karl Carpenter wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:00 am
Ipinwigan wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 12:48 pm It's the usual case with Wigan, they always keep things under wraps, any signings normally start as rumours, or from Aussie Press statements following Wigan approaching someone.
This time of the season always becomes farcical, with teams announcing signings for next season, when they are still playing for their current teams.
The worrying thing is that rumours have Wigan signing only one player, Sam Walters, from Leeds. Is that it or have they managed to keep a major signing or two under wraps?
Sorry, forgot about Tyler Dupree rumour.
Owen Trout and Bailey Antribus