Leigh Leopards owner Derek Beaumont wants to see major Super League Magic Weekend changes

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
moto748

Re: Leigh Leopards owner Derek Beaumont wants to see major Super League Magic Weekend changes

Post by moto748 »

Ipinwigan wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 12:36 pm The Aussies have taken our Magic Weekend concept and made it work, so why can't we?
Aussie fans are less keen, though. It's fine if you live in Brisbane, but it's a big country...
morley pie eater

Re: Leigh Leopards owner Derek Beaumont wants to see major Super League Magic Weekend changes

Post by morley pie eater »

Two points:

• Shouldn't there be a translator with Beaumont? I think I get the general drift, but could understand it better if he spoke English.

• Whoever writes these things must be paid by the word. I keep thinking I've jumped back up the page: "I just read that 15 seconds ago???"
. . . . . . ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

If they move Magic to a different weekend they have to be careful . They moved it to February one year in Cardiff was the most miserable weekend ever . Freezing cold no banter in or outside the pubs . Everybody went back to their hotels after the matches . Such a soulless weekend . I believe it was Jammie Peacock amongst others who championed it as a good idea

EW
2002 and EW is hooked
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Funny, that. My memory is terrible, but I do recall I enjoyed very much going to the CCFs in Cardiff (I lived not far away back then). But I don't have any recall of Magic weekends? I see Wigan were tanked by Saints twice. Was I there? Have I blanked the memory? Who knows? :lol: