What is the point?

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
02rinman

What is the point?

Post by 02rinman »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_l ... 184407.stm

the average attendence last year was 4,000
WIGAN WIGAN WIGAN!!!!!
adrenalinxx

Re: What is the point?

Post by adrenalinxx »

02rinman posted:

The ground looks like a mini Old Trafford to me but its capacity is only 20,000.

I guess Salford are hoping to attract more support, there attendances did increase last season and they are starting to have some success in the Super League, they are also have attracted some good players to the clubs for next season. All credit to the Salford club, they worked hard and showed faith in Karl Harrison and it looks like Salford will benefit from that in the next few years.

At the moment Salford do suffer from a slight image problem, The Willows is located in an not to pleasant area of Salford, there are often reports of violence outside the ground and although not directly related to the club it does put some away fans and probably some potential Salford fans of going to the ground.
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

all i can say is good luck to salford nd hope the sts follow in there footsteps ,manchester RL football club sounds a bigger seller and crowd puller as does Liverpool st helens how funny would that be :lol:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
Bear

Post by Bear »

Ha ha ha/ Great Ground No fans
Great Ground no fans LMO

I would love to go there but the JJB is always better because its the home of RUGBY! not football
OOOOOO were the greatest club in the world!!!!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

You can never criticise a club moving to a modern new stadia. hopefully, it will improve attendances too given the greater feeling of safety and daily advertising.
Bear

Post by Bear »

cpwigan posted:
You can never criticise a club moving to a modern new stadia. hopefully, it will improve attendances too given the greater feeling of safety and daily advertising.
Yah could be another step up for Rugby
OOOOOO were the greatest club in the world!!!!
WiganWarrior

Post by WiganWarrior »

pieater-alex posted:
02rinman posted:

Yes however this ground would definately increase the amount of fans watchign Salford and the away support as well. I mean lets be honest the Willows is hardly an attractive ground for fans of Hull and Harlequins to come to. However with it being a more modern stadium with better facilities it would increase the attendances.

Also it's good for rugby league. Hopefully all the clubs will improve their grounds or get new ones with the right funding for better facilities increasing the attendances of rugby league in general.

Also Salfords average isn't 4000. It's higher than that surely. Les catalans average was 6000.[/quote]

But Salford have to compete with Wigan Saints etc in the local area, i dont think Catalans have that problem
Wigan til i Die !!!!

"Its like a game of union the ball disappears for 3-4 tackles then appears to be kicked" BBC GMR
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Salford averaged 4820 this year, compared with 4093 last year. That's the lowest of any SL club.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

pieater-alex posted:
GeoffN posted:
Salford averaged 4820 this year, compared with 4093 last year. That's the lowest of any SL club.
Even lower than Harlequins?
Yep! Quins got 4917.
Mr Stu

Post by Mr Stu »

salford will get more fans for the new stadium because the williows is bad and is not in a good part of salford. the new stadium is near the moterway, near the trafford centre which is more accessable.