why we were docked those 2 precious points

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
shawcross da warrior

why we were docked those 2 precious points

Post by shawcross da warrior »

it has been brought to my attention by the same source that told me about millward and fielden that wigan warriors were docked thoses two points unfailrly.....

Wigan had an agreement with the rugby football league over players not being fit to play all season so the r.l allowed them to bring in the players, when the time came to thyis being checked they said do you have proof of this being allowed and as we had only verbally agreed it we were docked the 2 points....

may all be lies but it got me thinking
adrenalinxx

Re: why we were docked those 2...

Post by adrenalinxx »

Maurice Lindsey asked the RFL in 2005 if injured players could be exclude from the salary cap but the RFL refused.

From the reports I read of the salary cap investigation last season Lindsey admitted Wigan were over the salary cap and made no defence, he did say that he was forced into going over the salary cap in order to allow Wigan to field a team but did not use that as an excuse to the RFL.

Wigan were deducted the points fairly how ever Lindsey did say that the rules on injured players and the salary cap was unfair if player were out for long periods.
lucky 13

Re: why we were docked tho...

Post by lucky 13 »

adrenalinxx posted:
Maurice Lindsey asked the RFL in 2005 if injured players could be exclude from the salary cap but the RFL refused.

From the reports I read of the salary cap investigation last season Lindsey admitted Wigan were over the salary cap and made no defence, he did say that he was forced into going over the salary cap in order to allow Wigan to field a team but did not use that as an excuse to the RFL.

Wigan were deducted the points fairly how ever Lindsey did say that the rules on injured players and the salary cap was unfair if player were out for long periods.
Spot on thats the way i read it aswell :doz:
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
shawcross da warrior

sorry pal but i dont remember saying that he would be here within a week so shut it.... i was just raising a point and dont belive it if you dont want to its up tpo you
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

:D ok time out you two,you may not believe him but the peacock thread was on the rumourmill and everything on it is a rumour otherwise it wouldn't be on their it would be on main board :roll:
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
shawcross da warrior

thanks lucky13 thats exactly what it is a RUMOUR and as i have said give it time it has been on for a week if that......

if it doesnt happen it doesnt happen, its just what i have been told.....
Bear

Post by Bear »

pieater-alex posted:
shawcross da warrior posted:
thanks lucky13 thats exactly what it is a RUMOUR and as i have said give it time it has been on for a week if that......

if it doesnt happen it doesnt happen, its just what i have been told.....
I no I wasn't debating that matter all I was saying is I don't think highly of your " inside contact at the JJB "

So I was just stating my opinion. so you shut it :exc:
You tell um alex :lol: Im with you here Mate people have a right to state their opinions on here about diffrent things and i think alex has the right to call you every name in the devils dictonary as does every one else
OOOOOO were the greatest club in the world!!!!
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

For all the info about the salary cap and last seasons breach see this thread:
http://www.wigan-warriors.com/cgi-bin/w ... ject242760
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐