franchise system

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
roo67

franchise system

Post by roo67 »

with the likes of donny, the lobbygobblers,salford, ect. getting new stadiums what are the chances of the stains not having the required standards?
will they be given `special permission` to play sl untill they do?
adrenalinxx

Re: franchise system

Post by adrenalinxx »

roo67 posted:
with the likes of donny, the lobbygobblers,salford, ect. getting new stadiums what are the chances of the stains not having the required standards?
will they be given `special permission` to play sl untill they do?
There will be no 'special permission' for any clubs, if they don't meet the criteria they will not be allowed in Super League.

Some clubs are getting new stadiums simply to upgrade old run-down stadiums, obviously teams like Castleford would be looking for the franchise but there are other things considered such as financial status and club support.

I mentioned before that I have heard that St Helens have been offered the money for a new stadium from an investor but only if the change their name to Liverpool RLFC.

I think that St Helens will be in the Super League franchise even if it means they have to share a stadium with another club or move away from St Helens for a while.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

There are several criteria. Stadia is just one. The bottom line is that every SL club will get one. The only danger I suppose being Wakefield.
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

snake helens have been offered a share stadium with everton but again a name change to liverpool st helens cant see the fans putting up with that but it would explain the 5 gold stars once a scoucer allways a scoucer :lol:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
CherryandWhiteandProud

Post by CherryandWhiteandProud »

I don't think Everton would stand for that, and I don't think they will want to change the name.

What would happen if saints were chucked out? We'd have no one to take the p*** out of! :D
Bear

Post by Bear »

I dont think it will work because no one will want to play for the lower Clubs. Well i wouldnt play if i knew i wasnt going up Whats the point?
OOOOOO were the greatest club in the world!!!!