when will they have a new ground.

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
jammie

when will they have a new ground.

Post by jammie »

at work today we got onto the subject of stadiums,and the million doller question was asked. When will st helens have a new ground built? the usual gobby saints fans fell silent,but i said well they will have to ground share with widnes or warrington,for at least a couple of seasons.then they avoided the answer, by saying never mind our ground what about wakefield now that is a dump.at this point a guy who was listening came out with a cracker, he said in his best wigan accent,well at least you can have a piss without being pissed on at wakefield.
English by birth. Wigan by the grace of God.

Bear

Re: when will they have a new ...

Post by Bear »

They will have one ready for the franchise
OOOOOO were the greatest club in the world!!!!
mike binder

Re: when will they have a ...

Post by mike binder »

they have been offered a ground share with everton (make them even more scouse) and have planning permision to build a new stadium but the land owners want to build industrial units near buy i beleive this is causing a stumbling block got finance to build but????????? :lol:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
Bear

Post by Bear »

Please dont share with Everton like you said mike it makes them more scouse :lol: I thought they would have shared with liverpool with that 2008 thing... Mind you though they cant fill the rabbit hutch never mind anfield :lol:
OOOOOO were the greatest club in the world!!!!
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Thing is Everton's stadium isnt too far down the East Lancs from St helens town centre in Knowsley... similar distances from when Bolton Wanderers moved to the Reebok...

sharing with Everton? hmmm... tbh thats a good idea for both clubs.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
adrenalinxx

Post by adrenalinxx »

The problem with ground sharing is that usually the club has to pay rent for use of the stadium and it just would not make financial sense to rent a 40,000 seater stadium for a team with an average gate of below 9,000.
CherryandWhiteandProud

Post by CherryandWhiteandProud »

I heard they would only ground share if they cahnged thier name to liverpool St Helens (Plastic Scousers :D )
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

CherryandWhitea ndProud posted:
I heard they would only ground share if they cahnged thier name to liverpool St Helens (Plastic Scousers :D )
maybe groung share with he rugby union club ,with the same name its a better ground than they have now :lol:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

adrenalinxx posted:
The problem with ground sharing is that usually the club has to pay rent for use of the stadium and it just would not make financial sense to rent a 40,000 seater stadium for a team with an average gate of below 9,000.
Saints' gates would grow noticeably if they could offer first class facilities to go with (sadly) first class performances.
XIII

Post by XIII »

Please don't mention that they could ground share with Everton. I love Everton along with the Warriors, but Everton sharing with them would be a nightmare!!
Wigan Till I Die!!

We've had Barrett and Kenny, Edwards and Hanley, Boston and 8 IN A ROW!!!