Possible Return to SL for Albert

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
adrenalinxx

Possible Return to SL for Albert

Post by adrenalinxx »

Former St Helens winger Darren Albert has quit Cronulla Sharks to return his wife in the UK. He had 1 year left on his contract but has probably been released after walking out.

His primary concern will be the family issues what ever they may be but he might want to continue playing rugby while over in the UK. He is 30 but there are atleast two SL clubs without winger for next season so we could possible see him in SL in 2007.

http://nrl.com/News/Latest/NewsArticle/ ... fault.aspx
cpwigan

Re: Possible Return to SL for ...

Post by cpwigan »

He remains under contract to Cronulla and cannot join a SL club.
DaveO

Re: Possible Return to SL ...

Post by DaveO »

cpwigan posted:
He remains under contract to Cronulla and cannot join a SL club.
They could do what Parra did for Lyon I suppose and let him play here but not for an NRL club but according to the article he hasn't even asked for a release.

It is an interesting contrast to how contracts are viewed in the respective competitions. In the NRL they won't let players play for anyone else for the duration of their contracts. Here players seem to be able to be able to force clubs hands to release them to join another club.

Dave
Bear

Post by Bear »

Couldnt they release him?
OOOOOO were the greatest club in the world!!!!
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Bear posted:
Couldnt they release him?
They could but he hasn't asked for a release and they won't release him to play for another NRL club for the duration of his contract anyway. They don't want him gong back to Aus and playing against them next season.

Seems fair enough to me!

Dave
Bear

Post by Bear »

Yah well i dont think he will come back to SL in my opinion... he has seemed quite settled over in oz
adrenalinxx

Post by adrenalinxx »

Had a inconsistant season with Cronulla last season and he has come back to the UK because of his wife, he might just want to lay low for a while on the other hand he might want to get back on a rugby pitch, just depends what type of person he is but Wakefield have a wing spot and overseas spot available so could be interested in him for a season.
Bear

Post by Bear »

We could be but then again we could play Ashton on one wing but... then again there are many players at wigan who are good wingers
MiThor

Post by MiThor »

as I stated on another link ,cronnula have stated they will not release his registration so he connot play in either NRL or SL