New Scoring System

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
adrenalinxx

Re: bonus point in NL

Post by adrenalinxx »

Hi, welcome to the board there are some opinions on the new scoring system for NL1 in this thread:

http://www.wigan-warriors.com/cgi-bin/w ... ject279476

P.S. Try not to use 'txt' speak on this message board.
robjoenz

Re: New Scoring System

Post by robjoenz »

I thoguht the whole purpose behind the modified points system in Union was to promote the scoring of tries and less emphasis on kicking. In league there is no problem with scoring tries though, so I don't think it can really be compared.

I've heard people saying that it's benefit will be to give a losing side something to play for, but if a team gives up just because they are losing then they don't deserve to be in the team. Or do they mean it is there as a tool to maintain player concentration?

On the positive side it could be good for teams at the bottom of the league. They may not be able to win a game but they can try and keep the score respectable and be rewarded for it. It may be the difference between relegation and survival.

There's quite a few people saying how it is open to abuse, isn't everything? If teams don't have the integrity to play a fair game then any rules can be abused. Someone had written a rediculous scenario into League Express, I didn't really see how the new points system made much difference to abusing the current one.

I for one am interested to see how it goes. Obviously the purists automatically think it's a bad idea but there's only one way to find out... try it!
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

robjoenz posted:
I thoguht the whole purpose behind the modified points system in Union was to promote the scoring of tries and less emphasis on kicking. In league there is no problem with scoring tries though, so I don't think it can really be compared.

I've heard people saying that it's benefit will be to give a losing side something to play for, but if a team gives up just because they are losing then they don't deserve to be in the team. Or do they mean it is there as a tool to maintain player concentration?

On the positive side it could be good for teams at the bottom of the league. They may not be able to win a game but they can try and keep the score respectable and be rewarded for it. It may be the difference between relegation and survival.

There's quite a few people saying how it is open to abuse, isn't everything? If teams don't have the integrity to play a fair game then any rules can be abused. Someone had written a rediculous scenario into League Express, I didn't really see how the new points system made much difference to abusing the current one.

I for one am interested to see how it goes. Obviously the purists automatically think it's a bad idea but there's only one way to find out... try it!
no 1 likes change .......
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

mike binder posted:
robjoenz posted:

hope you game is a quick 1 on sunday rob ,danny kicks of at 10-30 but i beleive the weather is bad ,i can see your game getting called off saturday night :wink:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
the RL kid

Post by the RL kid »

hi just wondering which age group for shevy you play for
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

my son plays 4 the u13s scrum half :blush: my playing days are well and trully gone :o

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

mike binder posted:
mike binder posted:
robjoenz posted:

hope you game is a quick 1 on sunday rob ,danny kicks of at 10-30 but i beleive the weather is bad ,i can see your game getting called off saturday night :wink:
You're right, no-one does like change, but the game of rugby league is changing all the time.

I can see the game getting called off AGAIN, I've not had a game since mid-December. Hopefully, the weather will be alright for tomorrow afternoon.
southstander

Post by southstander »

im play for the U 16s, my brother jake melling used to play with your son but he has recently moved to pats.
'thats not a try thats a miracle!'
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

southstander posted:
im play for the U 16s, my brother jake melling used to play with your son but he has recently moved to pats.
yes i know of jake but danny as only just joined this season used to play 4 st judes had a little fall out and moved to shevi best decesion he will ever make thinks the world of the coaches ,they coach every 1 not just the super stars.Jake will struggle next year as will all the squad as they are rumoured to have 27 squad members with a few more coming that i know of :angry:

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME