Full Time Referees

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
adrenalinxx

Full Time Referees

Post by adrenalinxx »

The full time referees will be:

Richard Silverwood
Ashley Klein
Ben Thaler
Ian Smith
Phil Bentham
Steve Ganson

Karl Kirkpatrick will not become a full time referee but will still be able to referee in Super League

Full Article: http://www.sportinglife.com/rugbyleague ... erees.html
ancientnloyal

Re: Full Time Referees

Post by ancientnloyal »

THERES ONLY ONE BEN THALER! ONE BEN THAAAAAAAAAAAAAALER!

who the hell is he? his name does not strike me as much as the rest do.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

won't be long before we see Robjoenz on the list :)
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
turf

FINALLY WE KNOW......

Post by turf »

Why Karl Kirkpatrick was given last years Grand Final. It was a farewell to his full time refereeing career. I think it was a very nice gestre from Cummings.

Good luck to KK in his job. I presume that his bank job must pay him more than the RFL are

The below info is from www.bbc.co.uk. The six full time Super League referees we are left with are:

Richard Silverwood - Last years referee of the year. Lets hope he doesn't go to pot this year.

Ben Thaler - Glad to see a young referee go full time, it will be an experience for him, refereeing some potentially big games.

Ashley Klein - I'm fine with that as long as he keeps improviing

Ian Smith - He was all right last time we had this guy

Phil Bentham - Oh No!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve Ganson - Ok I suppose
the-Bowtun-Warrior

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior »

cant see it mattering TOO much!

good to see but i think we'l still see plenty of posts on here next year slating referees decisions...there all dummys! :lol:
Owen Coyles Super White Army!!!

madmags

Post by madmags »

Its part of the game having a go at the refs and video refs.
Some of the video decisions last year were so wrong it was laughable unless it concerned Wigan
botica

Re: FINALLY WE KNOW......

Post by botica »

turf posted:
Why Karl Kirkpatrick was given last years Grand Final. It was a farewell to his full time refereeing career. I think it was a very nice gestre from Cummings.

Good luck to KK in his job. I presume that his bank job must pay him more than the RFL are

The below info is from www.bbc.co.uk. The six full time Super League referees we are left with are:

Richard Silverwood - Last years referee of the year. Lets hope he doesn't go to pot this year.

Ben Thaler - Glad to see a young referee go full time, it will be an experience for him, refereeing some potentially big games.

Ashley Klein - I'm fine with that as long as he keeps improviing

Phil Bentham - Oh No!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve Ganson - Ok I suppose
Possibly the pension plan!!
"Not only did they beat St Helens in the Grand Final, they did it with style" Mike Stephenson 2nd Oct 2010
Bear

Post by Bear »

I hope he dosent hate wigan like the rest of them :angry:
OOOOOO were the greatest club in the world!!!!
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

turf posted:
Why... because he didn't send off Newton for smashing Long's face in and smacking Gilmour? hehe
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

Referee's will be chosen based on their performance this season, so the fulltime referees may not necessarily be doing all the SL matches, i.e. KK is likely to still get SL matches. However, he suffers from the fact that he can't train fulltime or meet during the week with Stuart Cummings and the other full-timers to discuss developments and focus on his game.

One major difference is that the RFL have contracted Steve Walsh to be their fitness conditioner. The RFL training methods have improved from general track training to weights, running, cycling, swimming etc. targetted at improving fitness.

Another major improvement is that each fulltime referee can focus on their game during the week and see which areas they can improve on (yeah, yeah, eyesight... learning the rules... blah, blah, blah). They will also be going to each club to speak to coaches and get to know the players better (and the players to know the referees).

By the way, we had Ben Thaler on the last day of last season. He's from Yorkshire.