GB coach Who is in the frame?

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
highland convert

GB coach Who is in the frame?

Post by highland convert »

Macrae has been mentioned but who should be in the frame?

Should he/she be British?
Maybe it is a vote subject for the board, We know the SL coaches but those of us further afield do not know them from outwith.
Over to the experts!!!
Fujiman

Re: GB coach Who is in the fra...

Post by Fujiman »

highland convert posted:
Macrae has been mentioned but who should be in the frame?

Should he/she be British?
Maybe it is a vote subject for the board, We know the SL coaches but those of us further afield do not know them from outwith.
Over to the experts!!!
Gary Schofield has thrown his hat into the ring saying he wants to put a smile back on players faces. No coahing experience in SL don't think he'll get it
adrenalinxx

Post by adrenalinxx »

Me, i've never lost an international rugby league match, that is the sort of form that Great Britain/England need. Where do I apply?
chrisJJ

Post by chrisJJ »

how good would it be ig Shaun Edwards came in to fill the spot!
To be the best
you have to beat the best
mike binder

Re: GB coach Who is in the...

Post by mike binder »

karl harrison ,and paul cullen are front runners john sharp could be a good idea????
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

mike binder posted:
karl harrison ,and paul cullen are front runners john sharp could be a good idea????
None of them have really had much success in their coaching careers, particularly Jon Sharp who has never impressed me. I know some people would prefer GB to have a British coach, but it's been so long since we won something that I'd employ a martian if I thought it could help us beat the Aussies on a more frequent basis!
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

I know stevo and clarky :D
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

lucky 13 posted:
I know stevo and clarky :D
yes get them off the telly great idea
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
right cross

Post by right cross »

i think that it does'nt matter who is GB coach he will struggle to to match thoes dam aussies. they are far supperior rl players. and the reason why is because its starts from a very early age in australia. They are taken under their wings by big clubs and nurtured into very good players with all the training facilities, coaching and help with their careers. Over here we make it as difficult as we possibly can ie, registrations, transfers favouritism etc. We need as i see it to start all over again, starting with the powers that be to try to make our young players future stars, and give them more facilities and better coaching. As for the coaching aspect we should keep the GB coaching job as being british.But this will take time i wish that i had a magic wand? I cannot remember the aussies even thinking about giving the job of aussie coach to a british coach plus i cant remember any british coaches coaching an aussie team. :( :( :(
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

The only way to make us more competitive is take young players off the cap to the age of lets say 20ish then make it so you have to have 16 of your 20 man squad who can play for GB .

If some clubs say like for instance salford this would favor us or other teams with a good youth set up, then another option would be to make it that you have to spend a certain percentage of your cap money on youth team, at the moment we can spend more than teams like salford but they dont run a big youth set up they use most of cap on first team then pick off released youth players who may make the grade but who can not be kept because of cap .

This may take a while and at first their would be a drop in standards this would be across the league and five ten years down the road we would have four or five choices for each position unlike now were we only have one or two.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!