New Zealand pull out of Mid-Season International

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
adrenalinxx

New Zealand pull out of Mid-Season International

Post by adrenalinxx »

Great Britain will not be playing New Zealand in a mid season international this year but Stanley Gene wants Great Britain to face Papua New Guinea instead.

Personally I think that Great Britain should play someone like France, Papua New Guinea, Tonga, Samoa or USA instead of playing a New Zealand Super League side.

It would be a great chance for the smaller RL Nations to get some internationa experiance.

I also think that there should be a small international tournament during the season between, England, Scorland, Wales, Ireland and/or France. This would allow the other European nations to develop as well a split the Super League up abit.
the RL kid

Re: New Zealand pull out of Mi...

Post by the RL kid »

i totally agree with the france game idea but we should definatly play it in there back garden and get the frogs hyped up a bout the world cup and rugby league in france as a whole. Or we could get a game with wales in the brand new and very smart swansea stadium which would benefit the game in wales massivly. But the RFL never listen to the RL public so it probably wont ever happen.
the RL kid

Millenium magic

Post by the RL kid »

I am goin to cardiff this year and i was just wondering how many people think its a good idea and are going or thinking of going.
jinkin jimmy

Re: Millenium magic

Post by jinkin jimmy »

the RL kid posted:
I am goin to cardiff this year and i was just wondering how many people think its a good idea and are going or thinking of going.
Check the older threads.
cpwigan

Re: Millenium magic

Post by cpwigan »

A game v France in France would be good. No problem with PNG doing a mini tour either. Maybe they could play v our Academy, U21 and Division Clubs before a one off test v GB.
DaveO

Re: New Zealand pull out of Mi...

Post by DaveO »

adrenalinxx posted:
Great Britain will not be playing New Zealand in a mid season international this year but Stanley Gene wants Great Britain to face Papua New Guinea instead.
Where has this news come from?

We effectively lost two regular fixtures this year I think. One for the millennium event (farce) and the other to make way for a mid season international.

If the Kiwi's have pulled out the idea of playing, a NZ 13 from the UK is a none starter for me. It won't be an international, they won't award caps for it and I doubt anyone will be interested. A waste of a slot in the calendar.

France would be a good idea but PNG v England would also be OK. If NZ have pulled out then it makes you want to bang your head against the wall as the international game is shown little commitment once again from one of the three major playing nations.

Dave
adrenalinxx

Re: New Zealand pull out o...

Post by adrenalinxx »

DaveO posted:
Where has this news come from?
Sorry forgot to post any link, it was from SportingLife
http://www.sportinglife.com/rugbyleagu ... _Gene.html