Andy Farrell to start for England vs Scotland

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
02rinman

Andy Farrell to start for England vs Scotland

Post by 02rinman »

i am really glad he is finding his feet in the other code. Brian Ashton dropped the biggest hint saying farrell will start in the centres position. he says his leadership and his overall skills is just what the england team needs.
WIGAN WIGAN WIGAN!!!!!
mike binder

Re: Andy Farrell to start for ...

Post by mike binder »

good im away at blackpool next week when they play ,will sit in the pub all afternoon with something of a slight intrest to watch :lol:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
madmags

Re: Andy Farrell to start ...

Post by madmags »

Saw an article in the sunday paper. It said the hulk was back. Certainly looked it from the photo
Cruncher

Post by Cruncher »

On one hand I'm glad for him. On the other, I can't tell you how much I resent the loss of such a player to that excuse for a code.

In a couple of years time (or maybe later, because Faz will still be able to play international RU when he's 38), he'll be one of the greatest players to have graced their game, and all knowledge of his RL past will have been erased from the memory of the national press, just like it has been with Jason Robinson.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Cruncher posted:
On one hand I'm glad for him. On the other, I can't tell you how much I resent the loss of such a player to that excuse for a code.
True. I hope he does well just to shut up some of my RU mates at Chester who are trying to make the game of RU sound more complex than it is and make out poor old Andy is too old to learn.
In a couple of years time (or maybe later, because Faz will still be able to play international RU when he's 38), he'll be one of the greatest players to have graced their game, and all knowledge of his RL past will have been erased from the memory of the national press, just like it has been with Jason Robinson.
I think that is down to JR myself. Jonathan Davies seems quite happy to have his RL past not forgotten. Quite the opposite in fact. He penned a tribute in Mike Gregs book for example. Can't see JR doing the same sort of thing somehow.

Dave
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

Cruncher posted:
...all knowledge of his RL past will have been erased from the memory of the national press, just like it has been with Jason Robinson.
I don't think it has... you often hear Robinson referred to as the 'ex-Wigan player' or 'the player that learn his trade in league.'
Cruncher

Post by Cruncher »

robjoenz posted:
I don't think it has... you often hear Robinson referred to as the 'ex-Wigan player' or 'the player that learn his trade in league.'
Even the phrase 'learned his trade in league' would annoy me. The lad was close to being an RL veteran when we let him go, yet Unionites treat him as though his sports career only began when he arrived at Sale, and, as Dave says, the player himself seems to encourage it.

Something about the way Robinson converted is always going to leave a nasty taste in my mouth. Whether it was for the challenge, or for money (which an informant of mine reliably insists it was), we'll never know, but I feel he's just been a tad too eager to buy into the Union vision of the world.

Faz is definitely different, and on a personal level, I wish him all the best.
waterside glens

Post by waterside glens »

yeah good luck to faz except when he plays against ireland :D
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

Cruncher posted:
Even the phrase 'learned his trade in league' would annoy me. The lad was close to being an RL veteran when we let him go, yet Unionites treat him as though his sports career only began when he arrived at Sale, and, as Dave says, the player himself seems to encourage it.
Why does that phrase annoy you? It gives Rugby League the credit for developing the skills of a good rugby player.
damien morrissey

Post by damien morrissey »

Cruncher posted:
robjoenz posted:

Something about the way Robinson converted is always going to leave a nasty taste in my mouth. Whether it was for the challenge, or for money (which an informant of mine reliably insists it was), we'll never know, but I feel he's just been a tad too eager to buy into the Union vision of the world.

Faz is definitely different, and on a personal level, I wish him all the best.
Cruncher i think you might be interested in Billys version of events surrounding his departure from the club, it is his version of events so you will have to make your own mind up but some of his points of reference seem to fit. For me the loss of Billy started the decline in our fortune as a club but thts a personal opinion