Re: Faz

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Bear

Post by Bear »

I dont say good luck.. he is a tratoir hungry for money
OOOOOO were the greatest club in the world!!!!
shawcross da warrior

Post by shawcross da warrior »

how is he.... he did what jason robinson did he has won everything that you can win in rugby league and needed a new challenge you cant blame him i would have done the same...

good luck faz and robbo.... :)
Bear

Post by Bear »

So i hate him

He went there because he was injured and he would have a higher pay check
OOOOOO were the greatest club in the world!!!!
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Im fully behind Farrell, obviously gutted when he switched codes but Wigan is still in the newspapaers each day one way or another, especially last week when there was a piece in the Daily Mail about the Twickenham 7s when wigan stormed to win it, the article glorified Wigan.

GL Andrew! Do Wigan proud (and billy)
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Bear posted:
So i hate him

So you only like players whilst they are playing for Wigan?

Do you not look back on what he did for this club?

How about all the times he played injured or carried the team?

Do you hate Ellery Hanley for going to leeds? What about Martin Offiah for going to London?

What Faz does now has no effect on Wigan - it's not like he went to stains. If he wins every trophy going with Saracens and then the World Cup with England single handedly, it won't effect Wigan - The only thing that will happen is people will constantly be reminded that he used to play for us.

The coach of the England RU side is from Wigan too...
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
damien morrissey

Post by damien morrissey »

Bear posted:
So i hate him

Bear do me a favour its all very well saying that but have you ever thought that due to the injuries he was picking up he had had a tough choice.
He could of stayed with us still picking up injries in a game CRIPPLED by the salary cap and missing lots of games costing the team points.
Players of our game have a short shelf life maybe he thought i need to take the money to support my family, not great for us to hear but i can understand that and cant critisize him for that.

All this is guesswork though only the people around Faz know.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

... from Leigh technically but had a wigan season ticket, which is good enough for me.

Matts right, the whole concept of 'going to union for money' has taken a lot of people to hate Farrell... in a way its his choice, he wanted something new... He said it was never easy leaving Wigans comfort zone, like robinson, he would have loved to have stayed, but he wanted a new challenge, after all, why stay in rugby league when he'd won every honour possible? (except international trophies). He still talks highly of Wigan apparently, which is good.

Just so long as the southern idiots at my Uni see my Wigan shirt and know the place that saved Union, im happy. also the enws coverage, simply having 'wigan' in The Times is good enough for me.

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
Of Fame
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

ancientnloyal posted:
Just so long as the southern idiots at my Uni see my Wigan shirt and know the place that saved Union, im happy. also the enws coverage, simply having 'wigan' in The Times is good enough for me.
For what it's worth I'm a southerner and live in the RU heartland. Most people down are interested in RL to some degree. In the bar where I work I often watch the SL games on the big screen - and a couple of the barmen often watch it with me (the bar is empty at that time of night). A couple of the other door lads play and follow RU and most follow RL too.

Darryl Powell's (formerly of Wakefield and now of the Giants) family live in town I work in and he comes in from time to time - and most people know who he is and how he is getting on.

Whilst there are a fair few middle class air heads around twickenham, most of the people who support clubs like gloucester and bristol are salt of the earth - and not the middle class snobs that are the stereotypical RU, prawn sandwich, east carpark types.

Whilst there was resentment (from certain players) towards RL when we used to poach players from RU (funnily enough, very similar to the sentiments that Bear is displaying now) - now that players move both ways it just isn't a factor.

After finals I normally see a few RL shirts out and about; so I think that RL has more of a following in the south than you might think
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

ancientnloyal posted:
...the whole concept of 'going to union for money' has taken a lot of people to hate Farrell...
IF this a major reason for Farrell going I don't understand why it would cause people to hate him... If it was a totally different industry people would have congratulated him on following the money but somehow it is never viewed the same in sport.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

robjoenz posted:
ancientnloyal posted:
...the whole concept of 'going to union for money' has taken a lot of people to hate Farrell...
IF this a major reason for Farrell going I don't understand why it would cause people to hate him... If it was a totally different industry people would have congratulated him on following the money but somehow it is never viewed the same in sport.
I think you have a question of loyalty, look at Ashley Cole for example, many believe he went to Chelsea for money, which he did. Even though he said he wanted to win the Champions League, with Chelsea having a 'better chance' than Arsenal of winning it. Even though Arsenal got to the final without him last year, that says a lot... he just wanted more money. With Farrell though the money doesnt matter, I think the money would have been big anyway to get him into Union but after all he wanted a new challenge, and good luck to him against Scotland.

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
Of Fame