NL1& NL2 instead of NRL!

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
ian.birchall

NL1& NL2 instead of NRL!

Post by ian.birchall »

Says in the DT today Sky will be showing 2 games a week from the start of the National League season in April. It says that this is to replace the Aussie RL on a Saturday and Sunday which to my mind is a very poor swap. Is the subscription going to go down? I think not we are just having to pay over more lolly to the round ballers since Sky are paying even sillier money next year and they also have the brass cheek not to be paying any money for the National League games, doing it 'to enable the RFL to get a sponsor to replace the Healthcare company who have sponsored the leagues for 3 years'
Talk about taking the michael! especially as Eurovision were meant to be showing these games on their sports channels, presumably for money.
Rugby League has been done over again methinks.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
Bear

Re: NL1& NL2 instead of NR...

Post by Bear »

I would much rather watch Brisbane V Manly than Leigh V Whitehaven
OOOOOO were the greatest club in the world!!!!
right cross

Post by right cross »

in victor meldrew terms,I DONT BELIEVE IT.how can this be must be a wind up, must be ,i cant funtion without my nrl fix?its been hard enough without sl for 4 months :angry: good job my lad plays.
Bear

Re: NL1& NL2 instead o...

Post by Bear »

Neither could i

I`d get up and there would be NRL on
OOOOOO were the greatest club in the world!!!!
CherryandWhiteandProud

Post by CherryandWhiteandProud »

Think about it in a posotive way...

Altough NL1 will never be as good as NRL maybe with exra money poured into lower clubs the compotition will become, over time better to watch and if you think about the supporters of the NL1....

Oh, to hell with optimism, MR SKY SPORTS BOSS WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!!!! :angry:
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

CherryandWhitea ndProud posted:
Think about it in a posotive way...

Altough NL1 will never be as good as NRL maybe with exra money poured into lower clubs the compotition will become, over time better to watch and if you think about the supporters of the NL1....
You might well be right about this. The NRL is already getting money from News Corporation, but little/none of their money was going into the British game apart from Superleague. NL1 is now presumably getting a bit of dosh, which should help the clubs in that league in their efforts to get promoted or develop ahead of the franchise system coming in.

It's another of those cases where they've gone for an either/or option - either you have NRL or NL1 but you can't have both - just as they did with Les Catalans vs a British team. I'd be surprised if money was so tight that they couldn't accommodate both NRL and NL1 (and I think Les Catalans should have been an extra club, not a replacement), but maybe Sky didn't think they could spare another couple of hours in their football-obsessed schedule.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
wigan1977

Post by wigan1977 »

eurosprt have got nl1 game showing them on thursday nights
damien morrissey

Post by damien morrissey »

Bear posted:
Neither could i

I`d get up and there would be NRL on
Just a joke I watch more NRL on the telly than i do SL. It is ploy to get more money again.
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

Fraggle posted:
You might well be right about this. The NRL is already getting money from News Corporation, but little/none of their money was going into the British game apart from Superleague. NL1 is now presumably getting a bit of dosh, which should help the clubs in that league in their efforts to get promoted or develop ahead of the franchise system coming in.

It's another of those cases where they've gone for an either/or option - either you have NRL or NL1 but you can't have both - just as they did with Les Catalans vs a British team. I'd be surprised if money was so tight that they couldn't accommodate both NRL and NL1 (and I think Les Catalans should have been an extra club, not a replacement), but maybe Sky didn't think they could spare another couple of hours in their football-obsessed schedule.
No Fraggle, you are missing the basic point, SKY are not paying any money at all for National League RL. Does the other poster mean Sentanta the Irish subscription service who now have all the American golf tournaments having paid more for them than SKY?
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
wigan1977

Post by wigan1977 »

eurosports hav got the games not sky sports