ref

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
right cross

ref

Post by right cross »

watched saints game , klien wants shooting who else thinks same :angry: :angry: :angry:
cpwigan

Re: ref

Post by cpwigan »

Full time referees are a waste of money. There is nobody worth of a full time contract. AK has stank twice in one week. He turned up late for the Salford v Wigan friendly and tonight he makes an incredulous decision.

I read the article on the full time referees in this months rugby league world. Amongst their claims, one of the money grabbers stated we know which players have a reputation for blah blah blah. Well I take it somebody forget to tell AK that Jon Wilkin is noted for high shots. Jon Wilkin is a good attacking player. Defensively he has a fundamental weakness in tackling technique. Indeed, if referees were any good any coach worth his salt would advocate players run at him as much as possible given he should at the very least concede penalties. Ak saw what happened, sin binned him and placed it on report. To my mind you cannot put somebody in the sin bin AND put it on report. If you punish an incident you must have seen it. If you saw it why put it on report.

Big question. AK deserves to be dropped from round 2 of SL. Will it happen?

Sharp has raised the question of Ganson too and frankly the RFL nor Cummings can defend themselves against what Sharp says. Namely, if Ganson is not allowed to referee his home town then he should not be allowed to video referee them either. I had the misfortune to be in the same form as Ganson at Winstanley College. You will never meet a more biased Saints supporter. Indeeed, many of the St Heleners even hated him he was that much of a prat. He once said that if he ever got the chance he would gladly make a decision to cost Wigan a match. I have never trusted him since.

If we haven't got the finance to run a SL with only home and away fixtures then we should not be wasting money on full time referees. At best it is badly prioritising scarce funds. I would rather pay Nigel Wright / Bobby Goulding et al to coach RL to kids.
Bear

Post by Bear »

right cross posted:
watched saints game , klien wants shooting who else thinks same :angry: :angry: :angry:
Your in my boat

Like Stevo said, there will come a time when we cant use dummy runners any more :angry: :angry: :angry:
OOOOOO were the greatest club in the world!!!!
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

I was listening to BBC Radio Leeds on the way home last night and radio 5 live xtra in bed (and Browns controversial penalty for running behind players is on the TV now)... the commentators on radio were explaining that Klein was giving away penalties (to be consistent with the first half). It is rubbish.

Obviously we had A Klown against Salford and I didnt recall him having THAT bad a game... only 5 days later he's giving away nearly 30 penalties.

it is stupid.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
W1GANER

Post by W1GANER »

[quote]cpwigan posted:
Ak saw what happened, sin binned him and placed it on report. To my mind you cannot put somebody in the sin bin AND put it on report. If you punish an incident you must have seen it. If you saw it why put it on report.

Didn't Clarky say just after the incident"if AK shows a yellow card, then it automatically goes on report also" ? IMO he should have got stright red for that.

Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

W1GANER posted:
Didn't Clarky say just after the incident"if AK shows a yellow card, then it automatically goes on report also" ? IMO he should have got stright red for that.
I didn't see the game, but I think the Disciplinary Committee normally watch any incidents that result in yellow or red cards without the need for things to go formally "on report". As CPW said earlier, "on report" was supposed to be where the ref thinks something has happened but hasn't seen it, it's not there (as far as I know) for incidents where the ref has supposedly seen what's gone on and taken action with a sin-binning or whatever.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

As myself and Fraggle have said;

Sin bin and on report are at odds with each other and contradictory. I have to say I found the whole officiating farcical. Robjoenz can come here and defend them all you like but we are paying Cummings and 6 referees and presumably people like Steve Walsh to do what? cock up rules. The obstruction judgements were farcical. Whatsmore after awarding numerous obstruction penalties, players from both teams did exactly the same and it went unpunished. The way AK interpreted obstruction, every dummy runner is obstructing the defence. He did the same with flop penalties. Penalised heavy early then ignored them.

There seems some burning need amongst Cummings and his cohort to have a different pet rule every month or so. Attacking kickers was a pet them a few months back. AK did not see that rule through properly. Why? maybe becvause he is keen to get his assessment points for the new rule of the month. Stop meddling, apply common sense and keep the game clean and flowing. It's not rocket science.
right cross

Post by right cross »

well said
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

klein as reffered 3 games i know of this season ,hed did the warrington salford game and was a stop start affair,he did us and salford and was a stop start affair and has now done sts,.The refs dont realise we come to watch a fast flowing game not them in there new kits .Yes be there to observe the rules but use your common sense.Yes cpwigan robjonez will defend him but we all know they all stick together.If this happens at ametuer and junior level the refs will be run out of town. :angry: :angry: :angry:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
jammie

Post by jammie »

was it ganson who was ref when we played stains in the cc final,remember we only got penaltys in none attacking areas,while i wrote to the rfl to ask why he had missed 16 blatant offences that set them up for some kind of score.hooper took lam off the ball 4 times and was not pulled up once.at one point i tryed to remonstrate with the touch judge only for him to smirk and shruge his shoulders.i never got a reply from the rfl
English by birth. Wigan by the grace of God.