ref

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
cpwigan

Re: ref

Post by cpwigan »

As mike says we pay to watch players not referees. Lots of penalties ruin a match. The only edict should be think before you blow that god damn whistle. Not sure about anybody else BUT I was thinking watching Saints-Hudds, if we play it right and cut out dummy runners when we have the ball and we tackle their dummy runners/scream obstruction we could win the match quite easily. That is not right. We should be winning matches by playing rugby not by accomodating referees.
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

jammie posted:
was it ganson who was ref when we played stains in the cc final,remember we only got penaltys in none attacking areas,while i wrote to the rfl to ask why he had missed 16 blatant offences that set them up for some kind of score.hooper took lam off the ball 4 times and was not pulled up once.at one point i tryed to remonstrate with the touch judge only for him to smirk and shruge his shoulders.i never got a reply from the rfl
Ganson cant ref a sts game thats why im amazed he can be there video ref ,once a sinner allways a sinner :lol:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

Didn't see the game so can only presume that the clown couldn't decide if the high tackle was a malicious one, or one of those that slip up the chest and end up round the head.
No doubt the hearing will find that it was a dangerous tackle, but taking into account the mitigating circumstances (he's from Saints, he plays at Knowsley Road and he's from Saints and not Wigan) they will probably give sin binning sufficient :angry:
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Given the World Club Challenge I bet he only gets 1 match
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

The weird thing is a referee attended a Hudds function last season and he was dropped from refereeing the forthcoming Hudds match. Ganson is a saints and Hudds get told to lump it.
jammie

Post by jammie »

just checked out kirkpatrick was the ref for the 2004 cc final & cambell was video ref,but wasn't he on saints books for a while (winger).hope we get a decent ref for friday and not that pillock AK,got a feeling he will have to be strong and take control,or things could get interesting.BRING IT ON CARN'T WAIT
English by birth. Wigan by the grace of God.

right cross

Post by right cross »

who in hell came up with the dummy runner obstruction rule this season ?are the aussies doing it or something .if thay are thats fine but i cant se it somehow, what will happen in the tri nations will we give them more of a edge than thay already have[thing is we cant see now because sky have axed all nrl games] can anybody please clarify why this rule as suddenly ruined our game. :( :(
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

cpwigan posted:
Sin bin and on report are at odds with each other and contradictory. I have to say I found the whole officiating farcical. Robjoenz can come here and defend them all you like but we are paying Cummings and 6 referees and presumably people like Steve Walsh to do what? cock up rules. The obstruction judgements were farcical. Whatsmore after awarding numerous obstruction penalties, players from both teams did exactly the same and it went unpunished. The way AK interpreted obstruction, every dummy runner is obstructing the defence. He did the same with flop penalties. Penalised heavy early then ignored them.
Go on cpwigan, I'll indulge you:

If there is any intentional challenge on a kicker (i.e. the ball has left his hand) it is a penalty for tackling a player without the ball and with a kicker being off-balance it is more dangerous, therefore, a sin-binning offence. If the intentional challenge on a kicker is high it is an automatic dismissal. I expect Klein wasn't sure whether it was high or not so put it on report.

I know you'll come back and say that it was clear (after 25 slow motion video replays) that it was a high shot but it's a different matter when you're trying to watch the kicker, run after the kick and watch the catcher.
cpwigan posted:
There seems some burning need amongst Cummings and his cohort to have a different pet rule every month or so. Attacking kickers was a pet them a few months back. AK did not see that rule through properly. Why? maybe becvause he is keen to get his assessment points for the new rule of the month.
Cpwigan, you seem an intelligent man, yet you don't seem to be reading when I keep posting that changes in interpretation come from the coaches. They tell Cummings what they want him to clamp down on and he works with them. In my opinion it's too much penalising so many obstructions.

As for tidying up the ruck, that's brilliant and tidies up the game no end. There is absolutely no need for flopping or spinning players round after the tackle is complete. Wigan were terrible, discipline-wise at Salford and got penalised for it.
Stop meddling, apply common sense and keep the game clean and flowing. It's not rocket science.
This point made me laugh... you're suggesting that each referee applies 'his version' of common sense to the game, i.e his interpretation. Referees are working to be consistent throughout when applying the rules.
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

cpwigan posted:
As mike says we pay to watch players not referees. Lots of penalties ruin a match. The only edict should be think before you blow that god damn whistle.
Why don't you write a letter of complaint to the players for not taking heed of the referees advice and continuing to give away penalties?
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

mike binder posted:
If this happens at ametuer and junior level the refs will be run out of town. :angry: :angry: :angry:
Funnily enough, Mike, this Sunday (Under 15s) I decided to be particularly tight on offences around the ruck. I gave about 6 penalties in the first two minutes, then after that virtually every single player on the park tidied up their game and stopped interfering. However, it didn't stop the coaches and spectators from whinging at me.