Stevo keen to get to the pub?

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Matthew

Stevo keen to get to the pub?

Post by Matthew »

Taken from:

http://www.skysports.com/skysports/arti ... 30,00.html
engage Super League XII, JJB Stadium, Friday February 9, ko 8pm, live on Sky Sports 1

Catch Stevo’s Super League preview on Sky Sports News every Thursday at 2.45pm

This season I think you can expect plenty of fire and plenty of venom from Wigan. We all know the qualities of Brian Noble as a coach; even though he has retired as the Great Britain boss.

That means he will be able to put all his energy into getting them back up there where they belong.

It is just a matter of whether they will all blend.

They have bought Tent Barrett who is world class. He has played for Australia and been a great player for NSW.

He has the power to go through people and still got some pace. He is no spring chicken and is getting on a bit, but he reads the game exceptionally well.

He is good at the kicking game – short and long. He has the ability to be at the right place at the right time.

The problem that Wigan had for most of last season is that they were lacking a leader, someone to guide them around the pitch. This guy will. He is nothing short than brilliant.

But it won't be easy for him, because he will be up against Lee Briers. I have said this for many years that Briers has been overlooked for international honours for far too long. To me this guy has all the attributes to become a top class international player.

He reads the game just like Barrett, and this will probably be his last chance to get into the international set-up. He knows he wants to get up there and has only one way of doing it. We will have a brand new Great Britain coach and he will have to show him that he has the goods. I think he has them and a lot of other people think he has got it as well.

It is going to be difficult for Warrington this season. They have bought exceptionally well non more so than the big fellow Adrian Morley.

This guy is dynamite. He has played six years down in Australia and with his rugged approach to the game, well he does not take any prisoners. Due to his uncompromising play, he does spend quiet a lot of time off the paddock, but if he can keep his head one and not do anything stupid, well he could lead Warrington to great success.

His impact with Stuart Fielden is going to be massive!

Warrington's coach Paul is also very knowledgeable and knows that this year they have to stop all the talking of the pitch and get stuck in on the paddock

Don't miss it!
Quite apart from the content - it looks like Stevo couldn't be bothered to read through what he had written!

Mine's a jack and coke...
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
Fraggle

Re: Stevo keen to get to the p...

Post by Fraggle »

Matthew posted:
Taken from:

http://www.skysports.com/skysports/arti ... 30,00.html
They have bought Tent Barrett who is world class. He has played for Australia and been a great player for NSW.
Quite apart from the content - it looks like Stevo couldn't be bothered to read through what he had written!

Mine's a jack and coke...
Tent Barrett? It'll be a bit cold for camping tomorrow night Stevo, not that it ever stops Eddie Hemmings being camp...
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
jinkin jimmy

Re: Stevo keen to get to t...

Post by jinkin jimmy »

Stevo is a pillock. Thick as 2 short planks. I really resent part of my Sky subscription going to him! :angry: