Did we really like winter rugby?

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
cpwigan

Did we really like winter rugby?

Post by cpwigan »

Not sure about anybody else but all I could think at the JJB on Friday was bring on the summer. Maybe I have gone soft but I do not miss winter rugby. The only sadness is the loss of the Boxing Day / New Year traditional matches. The sooner they reduce the fxtures and play less games at this time of the year, the better :exc:
tonyjoe

Re: Did we really like winter ...

Post by tonyjoe »

f***in freezing !! glad i wernt playin"" :conf:
ancientnloyal

Re: Did we really like win...

Post by ancientnloyal »

Nobby`s Girl posted:
Sorry but i dont agree, i thik the colder the better, it makes the game for me, getting wrapped up with loads of clothes on, eating pies and drinking loads of tea to keep warm..I thought it was fantastic on friday! I loved it.

I have no sympathy at all for those who i seen who turn up with JUST a huddy on and there Wigan shirt on over the top, stood there in the que to get in, freezing, wet and shivering like mad.. surely they were froze to death, but get wrapped up, wear the right clothes and you dont feel the cold!! :D
Im hard, my shirt does say LOYAL 1 afterall.

I like winter rugby reminds me of the glory days as a kid and also when i used to play, nothing like jumping in hard mud on a sunday morning whilst the ball feels like a concrete ball when you catch it due to the redness of hands.

I like winter and summer rugby, not really bothered to be honest, i like wrapping up (bradford) but I also like wearing shorts and shirt and sticking to the seat (Quins)
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

Nobby`s Girl posted:
Sorry but i dont agree, i thik the colder the better, it makes the game for me, getting wrapped up with loads of clothes on, eating pies and drinking loads of tea to keep warm..I thought it was fantastic on friday! I loved it.

I have no sympathy at all for those who i seen who turn up with JUST a huddy on and there Wigan shirt on over the top, stood there in the que to get in, freezing, wet and shivering like mad.. surely they were froze to death, but get wrapped up, wear the right clothes and you dont feel the cold!! :D
so you prefared to be wrapped up like that compared to what we all looked like at london last season when it was red hot ,and some of our supporters looked as Hot :lol:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I was wrapped up like an eskimo. It kills atmosphere. Clapping was pointless in thick gloves. Give me sunshine, a fast dry pitch and everybody soaking up some rays.
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

cpwigan posted:
I was wrapped up like an eskimo. It kills atmosphere. Clapping was pointless in thick gloves. Give me sunshine, a fast dry pitch and everybody soaking up some rays.
As someone who only got interested in the sport in the summer era, I have to say I do not particularly enjoy days like Friday. If it were cold and dry, or even cold and properly snowing, that would be just about tolerable, but that wet horrible stuff that was coming down was just miserable. But then I was there in a hoody with a Wigan shirt on top, so I'm to blame for my own misery... :wink:

Bring on the summer...
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
eccywarrior

Post by eccywarrior »

i miss winter rugby.
IN WANE WE TRUST
shawcross da warrior

Post by shawcross da warrior »

about 3 weeks ago we played in hale-stne down at john rigby i couldnt feel my fingers i was that cold, i had lost the sensation in every part of my body..... :lol:
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I think when you play it is different but watching urghh. I can recall when you played, the game had to go beyond a certain time before it could be abandoned and the result stood.
bertina

Post by bertina »

RAVINGWARRIOR posted:
i miss winter rugby.
I don't!
I didn't use to think about it at the time, but give me a warm summer evening in a T shirt anyday.
More comfy for us fans, and a better playing surface for faster open rugby.