Rob The RED (card) lol

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
mike binder

Rob The RED (card) lol

Post by mike binder »

Just been to watch 2 junior rugby games today ,must admit the discepline of the 2 losing teams lost them the game ,constant messing around and pushing at the play the ball lost the first team the game ,with Robjonez handing out a red card after he game for being called a name kids at this age shouldnt know.
In the 2nd game the losing team attitude was terrible to say the least amazingly not the parents the kids them selfs .The ref handed 2 more red cards out for again blantant abusive remarks from young kids handed out to the ref ,if my son called the ref these kind of things i would take him off the pitch myself and ground him for months.Rob also handed out a yellow card after a fight broke out ,which again was the correct decision ,but felt so sorry for the lad as he was 1 playing with passion and honesty but got no back up from his team.all in all rob handled the situations very well but i dont know how he puts up with all the abuse ,and a little advice dont come talk to me and Linzi next time at half time ,because late on we was getting the abuse as well.
Ps have a great time in Paris hope Linzi comes back with that big ring She so desires on her left hand.all i can say the parents we alittle respectful in the first game ,but that was nothing compared what came from the kids in the 2nd game> Cpwigan where was you :lol:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
robjoenz

Re: Rob The RED (card) lol

Post by robjoenz »

Cheers, Mike, I'm glad it wasn't just me that saw the game like that then. I was shocked by some of the things that can come out of 12-13 year olds mouths. I'm a stickler for discipline and you can also tell a good side when they take on the referees advice and tidy their game up.

Sorry for getting you some grief, it's funny how people walk past you saying things loud though isn't it. Like it really matters what they are saying, what happens on the pitch is what tells the story.

I refereed that game to the best of my ability, I gave all decisions honestly and I think I got them right. That's why I enjoyed it. I've highlighted areas where I felt I had weaknesses and I must hold my hands up to penalising a player for not tapping the ball on the 20 m line, just running (I did tell him to wait though). That was too harsh of me. Still, you can't get everything right and you certainly can't please everyone (or should that say anyone haha).
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

and you never mentioned the ring at Paris :lol:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

:lol: I could not heckle Rob. I used to argue with referees when I played re decisions (hard to believe I know) but I never resorted to inulting them though. I would chat with them afterwards too and tell them what mistakes they made :)

Took the dog for a walk instead :lol:

I may complain about poor refereeing BUT I have no time for players abusing them at any level nor spectators at all levels below professional. I was saddened to learn a lad I taught at Fisher had been banned for 8 weeks for abusing a referee. He was ex Wigan Scholarship too.

I think I have different views to many. I have never called a referee sir but by the same token I have never called any referee an insulting name. I used to use the referees name or 'referee'
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

robjoenz posted:
I must hold my hands up to penalising a player for not tapping the ball on the 20 m line, just running (I did tell him to wait though). That was too harsh of me. Still, you can't get everything right and you certainly can't please everyone (or should that say anyone haha).
Ganson MkII in the making :lol:

How many penalties for incorrect PTB's by the way?

Dave
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

DaveO posted:
robjoenz posted:
I must hold my hands up to penalising a player for not tapping the ball on the 20 m line, just running (I did tell him to wait though). That was too harsh of me. Still, you can't get everything right and you certainly can't please everyone (or should that say anyone haha).
Ganson MkII in the making :lol:

How many penalties for incorrect PTB's by the way?

Dave
Not a single one, DaveO! I was close to giving a couple but I had a word with the players involved as I ran with them and they sorted it out. I like to give players credit when they tighten up their game based on my advice.

By the way, Mike. Linzi said you were having a crisis of conscience. She told me that you agreed with my decision on more than one occasion! :D
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

cpwigan posted:
I have never called a referee sir but by the same token I have never called any referee an insulting name. I used to use the referees name or 'referee'
It's all about respect isn't it, some players think they are too good to call a referee sir, some go that step too far and give abuse.

What would you do if your students at school called you by your forename?
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

cpwigan posted:
:lol: I could not heckle Rob. I used to argue with referees when I played re decisions (hard to believe I know) but I never resorted to inulting them though. I would chat with them afterwards too and tell them what mistakes they made :)

Took the dog for a walk instead :lol:

I may complain about poor refereeing BUT I have no time for players abusing them at any level nor spectators at all levels below professional. I was saddened to learn a lad I taught at Fisher had been banned for 8 weeks for abusing a referee. He was ex Wigan Scholarship too.

I think I have different views to many. I have never called a referee sir but by the same token I have never called any referee an insulting name. I used to use the referees name or 'referee'
the lad he sent off in the first game iis a John Fisher pupil :o

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
robjoenz

Post by robjoenz »

Mike, I have a question for you.

Please will you email to robjoenz@hotmail.com the name of the player I sent off. Also, are you 100 % definate it was the name you told me at the game today?
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

To be honest I dislike being called Sir. Students use it but that is mainly because they do not know my first name. Mr Marsden would be better. Plenty called me mr M and I found that better than Sir.

A referee is 'ref' a linesman is 'liner' and a touch judge is 'touchie'

There is a lot of hypocrisy about titles and so on.

This is going back before I was born but way back when the most fould mouthed players were found at Wigan rugby Union. Local magistrates and similar high ranking positions. Apparently, every other word was F.....in this Fu.....in that ba.....rd and so. Apparently it was quite amusing hearing all these toffs swearing non stop in posh accents. Yet come Monday, this group of hooligans were passing senence and judgement on people for behaving in the same loutish manner elsewhere.

I judge people on who they are, how they behave, not their position, not what job they doand definetly not by title.

Sad to hear it was a Fisher youngster. I will say this no matter who they are I will challenge behaviour. I once was very open and honest with the son of a superstar player who actions were unchecked by many because A) he was a superb player and B) his surname. However, I said what I said to him privately with no attempt to embarrass or humiliate him.