Costly victory for the Wolves

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Fraggle

Costly victory for the Wolves

Post by Fraggle »

According to the BBC http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_l ... 351535.stm, Morley is out for at least 6 weeks with his fractured eye socket, and Bridge is also out for 6 weeks with a torn hamstring. Whilst I don't necessarily wish injury on any player (although the fact that Morley will be on the sidelines for a while is not any great surprise, he misses half of every season either injured or banned!), one can perhaps hope that our early-season injury curse that we've had for the last few seasons might finally be passing onto someone else.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
ancientnloyal

Re: Costly victory for the Wol...

Post by ancientnloyal »

Touch wood Fraggle. The Warriors plane will probably crash now on the way to france!

Personally I'd like to see Morley fit and playing next week, hes a great guy from what I know off the field, the injury he has is harsh and probably couldn't have been avoided - randomness sucks - but I see what you're saying about injury problems, Wigan have been lucky so far this season, especially with Feka (Hudds), Barrett (calf) and Flecher not having too serious injuries that may have been problematic.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Wigan Watcher

Re: Costly victory for the...

Post by Wigan Watcher »

ancientnloyal posted:
Touch wood Fraggle. The Warriors plane will probably crash now on the way to france!
Personally I'd like to see Morley fit and playing next week, hes a great guy from what I know off the field, the injury he has is harsh and probably couldn't have been avoided - randomness sucks - but I see what you're saying about injury problems, Wigan have been lucky so far this season, especially with Feka (Hudds), Barrett (calf) and Flecher not having too serious injuries that may have been problematic.
some things are never said!

right cross

Post by right cross »

tempting fate :exc: .don't think to many wires fans would take pity if we had 2 of our best players injured .i can remember some fans gloating last year about us.i say think of number 1 :) :)
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

right cross posted:
tempting fate :exc: .don't think to many wires fans would take pity if we had 2 of our best players injured .i can remember some fans gloating last year about us.i say think of number 1 :) :)
Hell yeah!

I don't like to see any player injured - however how many teams sang "going down" when they played us last year? We never any received any sympathy; so to expect it from us is a bit rich

Due to the constant trolling of p'n'b I like wire about as much as I like the stains; so hopefully morley will get suspended on his first game back!
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
CherryandWhiteandProud

Post by CherryandWhiteandProud »

I dunno, I think wire are OK but only because they are the only other Lancahire club that arn't St Helens
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

CherryandWhitea ndProud posted:
I dunno, I think wire are OK but only because they are the only other Lancahire club that arn't St Helens
Wire have cullen as a coach who talks like a politician (and not a very good one either) - he is not particularly gracious in victory or defeat. Whenever he is on the TV I turn the sound down rather than listen to his verbal diarrhea.

Wire also have cry baby briers - and he is another person that I can't stand. He feints injury and cries to the referee throughout the match - he should have played soccer.

Throw in p'n'b harping on all the time and you can see why I enjoy watching wire lose!
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
jimofwigan

Post by jimofwigan »

Cullen made a mention in the after match interview about the heavy penalty count. Hhis suggestion was obvious that Wwigan got all the calls. How dozy is that . Warrington beat us by six points three penalty kicks awarded in easy to kick positions.
Stevo and Eddie made a big thing about Warringtons dominant pack breaking our defence wide open. Is it just me that saw Wigan keep the Wolves tryless in the second half?
jimofwigan

Post by jimofwigan »

Cullen made a mention in the after match interview about the heavy penalty count. Hhis suggestion was obvious that Wwigan got all the calls. How dozy is that . Warrington beat us by six points three penalty kicks awarded in easy to kick positions.
Stevo and Eddie made a big thing about Warringtons dominant pack breaking our defence wide open. Is it just me that saw Wigan keep the Wolves tryless in the second half?
jimofwigan

Post by jimofwigan »