Costly victory for the Wolves

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
damien morrissey

Re: Costly victory for the...

Post by damien morrissey »

ancientnloyal posted:
Touch wood Fraggle. The Warriors plane will probably crash now on the way to france!

Personally I'd like to see Morley fit and playing next week, hes a great guy from what I know off the field, the injury he has is harsh and probably couldn't have been avoided - randomness sucks - but I see what you're saying about injury problems, Wigan have been lucky so far this season, especially with Feka (Hudds), Barrett (calf) and Flecher not having too serious injuries that may have been problematic.
Mozzer is a great guy off the field and he was daft to go so high on O'Carrol but some of the qualities he is being critised for we are missing from Fielden. I believe that this is the difference to Stu this season as a pose to him two years ago, as someone said Stu needs to deck someone to get his spark back i would like to see the comments posted when Mozzer does this. :angry:
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

damien morrissey posted:
Mozzer is a great guy off the field and he was daft to go so high on O'Carrol but some of the qualities he is being critised for we are missing from Fielden. I believe that this is the difference to Stu this season as a pose to him two years ago, as someone said Stu needs to deck someone to get his spark back i would like to see the comments posted when Mozzer does this. :angry:
There is a difference between being aggressive and fired up and being a total idiot on the pitch and "mozzer" had been a total idiot on several occasions and Friday was one. He got sent off for GB in record time and has throughout his career picked up bans on a regular basis.

If Fielden were to emulate Morley he'd be missing due to suspension for half the season. What we need is for Fielden to be fired up but keep it clean. He can do this and I don't think Morely can.

Dave
jinkin jimmy

Post by jinkin jimmy »

DaveO posted:
damien morrissey posted:
There is a difference between being aggressive and fired up and being a total idiot on the pitch and "mozzer" had been a total idiot on several occasions and Friday was one. He got sent off for GB in record time and has throughout his career picked up bans on a regular basis.

If Fielden were to emulate Morley he'd be missing due to suspension for half the season. What we need is for Fielden to be fired up but keep it clean. He can do this and I don't think Morely can.

Dave
By this token Dave would you say Barry Mac was a bad signing/liability for Leeds? IMO the fans are desperate for an enforcer figure. Hock might develop into one but for me we still need more mongrel in the pack.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

jinkin jimmy posted:
By this token Dave would you say Barry Mac was a bad signing/liability for Leeds?
No but I think the two are very different. Barrie Mac was consistently hard and would on occasion go a bit too far but it was in the general run of play. The flaw Morley has IMO is that he has a rush of blood to the head and does crazy things.

Many of his supporters point out that the tackle that he did years ago on McCormack was legal and it probably was but he took a player out of the game which he could do to an entire team one by one if that is what the game is about.

He had a rush of blood to the head for GB and got sent off in record time and he meant to clobber O'Carroll in exactly the same way as he did McCormack IMO. Had he connected properly from his point of view the result for O'Carroll could have been serious.

For me he crosses the line from being a hard player to being a complete nutter compared to hard men like Barrie Mac.

Dave
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I think the problem Morley has is that his way of big hitting puts himself at risk too. Barrie Mc and others IMO were more dirty and never put themselves at risk.
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

DaveO posted:
The flaw Morley has IMO is that he has a rush of blood to the head and does crazy things.

Dave
Like kicking Corey Hughes in the bollox, for example...
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

GeoffN posted:
DaveO posted:
The flaw Morley has IMO is that he has a rush of blood to the head and does crazy things.

Dave
I'd forgotten about that. Didn't it end his NRL career due to the resulting uspension?

Dave
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

DaveO posted:
GeoffN posted:
DaveO posted:

Dave
I'd forgotten about that. Didn't it end his NRL career due to the resulting uspension?

Dave
Yep! 7 weeks, IIRC.

Sent off 11 times in 6 years with the Roosters.
Impressive!
right cross

Post by right cross »

i seem always to agree with cp wigan ,but yet again spot on ,morley seems lack timing sometimes,thought he would of sorted that out in aus ,mmm so they are not perfect hey.

but don't forget forwards nowadays are coached to avoid big hits with there foot work just before the impact .
Stev0

Post by Stev0 »

jinkin jimmy posted:
DaveO posted:
damien morrissey posted:

Dave
By this token Dave would you say Barry Mac was a bad signing/liability for Leeds? IMO the fans are desperate for an enforcer figure. Hock might develop into one but for me we still need more mongrel in the pack.
Wigan have been missing enforcer types for a long while IMO and when they do sign them they tend to lose this edge to their game.
GeoffN posted:
DaveO posted:
GeoffN posted: Like kicking Corey Hughes in the bollox, for example...

Dave
Yep! 7 weeks, IIRC.

Sent off 11 times in 6 years with the Roosters.
Impressive!
It's a wonder he wasn't charged with assault for that, he totally lost it. :o